Preparing dinner for a family and make it interesting sometimes can take a little ingenuity with ingredients or a combination of spices. Preparing a dish that will pop and make everyone pay attention and enjoy their vegetables isn’t always an easy task. For those who love the flavor of the chili spice this is a dish that will as they say provide you with a “chili favor” and hopefully be a favorite of everyone at the table too. A super easy and fast recipe to created a side dish of roasted corn that can be done with just one pan.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package of frozen corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- In a large skillet heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat.
- Once the pan and oil is heated add the corn and sauté for about 10-15 minutes stirring every now and then until the corn just starts to brown.
- Add all the spices and stir into the roasted corn until the kernels are spiced throughout.
- Sauté for an additional 2 minutes then remove pan from the heat.
- Transfer the corn to a serving bowl and serve while hot.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: