We just spent two delightful days at the Saguaro Palm Springs, a colorful, Mexican-accentuated property that manages to mix all the right ingredients for a happy stay.
Here's the check list
- Taco Tuesdays, served at El Jefe Bar, check!
- Complimentary morning yoga, check!
- Free parking, check!
- Free shuttle service to downtown Palm Springs, check!
- Nightly happy hour (potent top shelf margaritas included) at El Jefe, check!
- Free cruiser bicycles to tour the area, check!
- Comp USA Today, WiFi, fitness center and an attractive Olympic-sized pool that’s open from 8 a.m. to midnight, check!
Those are just a few of the fine ingredients that make saucy Saguaro special, but there’s also a fine dining restaurant by Iron Chef Winner Jose Garces called Tinto(review to come), distinctively charming rooms with balconies offering views of the pool , mountains or city, a friendly front desk staff, spa and business center. What more do you need for a fun Desert escape except maybe off-season rates that are now in effect.
The Saguaro was carved out of a former Holiday Inn just on the outskirts of Palm Springs proper. The colorful joie de vivre property features a bold palate created by architects Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat who challenged the status quo of drab desert colors to reflect the bright colors of the indigenous flowers that grow in the local desert landscape.
Rooms range about 250 square-feet and feature custom Mexican furnishings, sitting areas, work stations, robes, WiFi and organic bath products and linens. There is room service to enjoy on the veranda or the cute Mexicawn-style table.
The Saguaro is located at 1800 East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs.