Looking for a spring fling? Consider planning a trip to Palm Springs in April when the town comes alive with the sounds of seven music and dance events you won’t want to miss:
The month kicks off with Club Skirts Dinah Shore Weekend from April 2-6 at the Palm Springs Convention Center, Zeldaz Nightclub and Hilton Palm Springs. For more go to: www.thedinah.com
Snapshot: More than 15,000 women from all over the world attend this 24-year-old LGBT event also known as The Dinah Shore Weekend by Club Skirts.
- All that jazz at the Palm Springs Women’s Jazz Festival begins April 4-7 with events at Spa Resort Casino Hotel and Indian Canyons Golf Resort, click on www.pswomensjazzfestival.com. Snapshot: A four-day festival of jazz performances at several venues and clubs throughout downtown. The festival brings female jazz performers of the highest caliber for a multi-event walking jazz tour of the city.
- Palm Springs Opera in the Park happens on April 6 at Sunrise Park.Click on: www.palmspringsoperaguild.org Snapshot: This free concert features young opera stars with a professional orchestra conducted by Maestro Valery Ryvkin.
- Tachevah: A Palm Springs Block Party hits the sidewalks of downtown PS on April 16 from Time: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., learn more at https://www.facebook.com/Tachevah’Snapshot: It’s free from the Coachella Music and Arts Festival and features a headlining band and three regional unsigned bands picked by Goldenvoice who will perform their original songs. Up and coming DJs will play in between band performances.
- Jeffrey Sanker’s White Party goes on April 25 to 28 at the Palm Springs Convention Center and Renaissance Palm Springs. Details are at www.jeffreysanker.com. Snapshot: Celebrating its 25th year in the Palm Springs, The White Party is one of the premier gay circuit parties in the world. The four-day event of different festivities that range from pool parties, live DJs, dance parties, Circus Icon T Dance, and more.
- Coachella Valley Music Festival goes from April 11-13, 2014 with a second weekend 2: April 18-20 Empire Polo Grounds 81-800 Avenue 51, Indio, www.coachella.com. Snapshot: Annual three day music and arts festival that features many genres of music including alternative rock, hip hop, and electronic music as well as large sculptural art.
- Stagecoach Country Music Festival happens on April 25-27 at Empire Polo Grounds, 81-800 Avenue 51, Indio. Details are at www.stagecoachfestival.com. Snapshot: This is an annual outdoor country music festival with artists that range from folk, mainstream, bluegrass, roots rock, and alternative country music.
With Palm Springs less than two hours away from Los Angeles there’s no excuse to miss this month-long song and dance festival. Live farther away? Daily flights are available to the Palm Springs International Airport from major U.S. cities and Canada. For a complete listing of upcoming events and travel deals, go to www.VisitPalmSprings.com.