- Deviled eggs make 'eggsceptional' holiday dish: 5 recipes for Christmas
- Facts about eggs: Why you shouldn't feel guilty to try these 6 recipes
If you're one of the people asking, "Are eggs allowed on the paleo diet?" the good news is, the answer is "yes!" Caveman diet foods are foods found in nature as opposed to the processed foods that we gravitate toward in the 21st century.
Paleo Diet Facts: What Can I Eat on the Paleo Diet?
According to the book, "The Paleo Diet Revised," foods like grains, refined sugars and most carbs were foreign to our caveman ancestors.
Even better, the book goes on to say that the Caveman diet actually works with the body and how it has evolved over time. And by this it means that we will eat what foods were largely available to the paleolithic peoples, including eggs.
On the paleo diet, avocados and scrambled eggs count as foods you can eat. Fortunately, this easy egg recipe is just a variation on what we've eaten our whole lives.
Caveman Avocado and Scrambled Eggs With Salsa Dish
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 1/2 c. almonds, either slivered or sliced
- 4 Tbsp salsa
- Turn the stove on medium-high and heat up your non-stick frying pan or skillet.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add eggs to the skillet, flipping and stirring them so that the scrambled eggs don't stick.
- Serve them on a plate with salsa, slices of avocado and the almonds.
- Find out more about the paleo diet by watching the video at the top of the screen.
- Read more about the foods you can eat on the paleo diet or find books featuring hundreds of caveman diet recipes on Amazon.