Feel like hitting the beach over the weekend? How about Saturday, seaside during an all day music festival with Holy Ghost and living legend Giorgio Moroder as the headliners. Sound good? Yep. We thought so.
Pacific Festival kicks off the second installment of its event, The Dunes. Staying true to the outdoor, summer festival vibe, Pacific Festival returns to Southern California on Saturday, August 16, with a new, more intimate, event concept and live music showcase at the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort, a superlative seaside venue in Newport Beach, CA. We were excited to sit down for a little Q&A gearing up for Saturday.
1. Pacific Festival: The Dunes brings attention and support to the Surfrider Foundation. $1 for every ticket sold will be donated to the Surfrider Foundation to help preserve our ocean. The partnership between the festival and organization is perfect for the OC, combining one of the most important environmental causes (the ocean) with music, visual and culinary arts. How did the two combine forces to create this event?
- Giving back to the ocean related causes have been important from day one for Pacific Festival. Surfrider Foundation was a natural fit as a leading non-profit from Southern California that helps protect the local coastline.
2. There are not a lot of festivals that are held by waterfront scenery. What was the idea to make it into day event with Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort? Are you hoping to eventually expand the festival into a two-day event?
- Hosting Pacific Festival at the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort is a match made in heaven. The venue's shear beauty provides the perfect setting for a summertime music experience at the beach.
3. The lineup this year includes an extraordinary living legend, Giorgio Moroder, the oldest DJ in the world, the father of electronic and disco who recently collaborated on Daft Punk’s latest album, Random Access Memories. In association with LA’s popular A Club Called Rhonda he Moroder will be performing at the Observatory for the festivals after party. How do you feel about being the festival that a Grammy, Oscar winning DJ is the main attraction for keeping the party going?
- Giorgio Moroder is a living legend and it is an honor to have him perform at our official festival after party with A Club Called Rhonda. Pacific Festival is extremely excited to be working with A Club Called Rhonda on this year's production, as they are talented group of creative’s that are into producing events for the right reasons and for the passion of the music. The combination of Giorgio Moroder and A Club Called Rhonda signature event, Rhondavous, is sure to bring the festival after party experience to a whole new level.
4. Holy Ghost, Miami Horror, Poolside and Bag Raiders are some of the more recognizable names on this years lineup. How does the festival go about curating its lineup?
The lineup was handpicked with artists that deliver great live shows and performances.
5. What would you like to share to any first time attendees that may not be available on the website to get them hyped up for Saturday Aug. 16th?
- A new and improved layout that will maximize attendee’s levels of fun. Come hungry, arrive early and bring your swimming suits!
The festival will showcase live entertainment, local foods, waterfront stages and multiple entertainment areas, including a new VIP Village, which will enhance the festival attendees experience with a main stage viewing area, top quality local bites, premium liquor and beer bar and special guest DJ entertainment. Combine that with a crowd made up of beach bodies and eye candy clad in bathing suits, well you got yourself one hell of a summer festival experience.
For more information and to purchase tickets go to their website
Connect with Facebook & Twitter
Look out for full festival coverage from the examiner and laicreatives complete with concert photos and highlights!