Saturday is the much anticipated Pachanga Latino Music Festival in Austin. Now in its seventh year the Pachanga Latino Music Festival is a Latin-themed music, cultural arts and food festival. Colombia based Depeche Mode tribute band DMK was added as the headliners for the HEB Niño’s Rock Pachanga kids stage. DMK is made up of a father and his two kids that have taken the Internet by storm with their covers of the electronic English band.
Returning to the festival is the Niños Rock Pachanga Festival. This is a lineup of music performances and activities aimed at young festival goers. It features interactive activities that include a photo booth, piñata party, and face painting by YELP. There will be several craft workshops where kids can learn to make their own floral halos, masks, papel picado and ojos de Dios (‘God’s eye’ yarn weavings). Admission is free of charge for children under 12 with an accompanying adult ticket holder.
There will also be several pre-show and after parties during the festival. Pachanga ticket holders will receive a $5 discount for after party tickets. For more information on the parties and to purchase tickets check the Pachanga Latino Music Festival online.
The schedule for the niños stage is as follows:
- 12:15p.m. - 12:45p.m. - Anthropos Arts
- 12:45p.m. - 1:05p.m. - Songwriting Workshop w/Gina Chavez
- 1:10p.m. - 1:40pm - Tiarra Girls
- 1:40p.m. - 2p.m. - Cupcake Walk
- 2pm. - 2:30p.m - Son Armado
- 2:35p.m. - 2:55pm - Accordion Workshop w/Susan Torres
- 2:55p.m. - 3:25p.m. - Maracatu Austin
- 3:25p.m. - 3:55p.m. - Piñata Party
- 3:55p.m. - 4:25p.m. - DMK
2101 Jesse E Segovia St
Austin, TX 78702
Saturday May 10, 2014
Source: Corinne Zuleger/Giant Noise