P90X3: Is it for you?
Tony Horton created P90X more than 10 years ago. It quickly became a phenomenon that struck gold with both seasoned athletes as well as couch potatoes turned fitness junkies. It also hold high esteem on late night T.V. as an award winning infomercials specializing in private home footage of real people who have gotten results using the product.
A few years ago, P90X2 was released to challenge the P90X graduates to take their fitness to a new level, including a focus on balance.
However, another question popped up for the creator. What about the people who don't have time to workout an entire hour every day but want the same results? Was it possible? Tony Horton echoed a resounding YES. And he even takes it a step further saying that his test group participants are getting better results in just 30 minutes a day than the original group of participants, who's workout routine averaged an hour 6 days per week.
Recently, I caught up with Traci Morrow, who is a long time friend of Tony Horton. You may have seen her in a few of Tony's other workout programs. And she is also a cast member of P90X3. I asked her a few questions to get some insight into this highly anticipated fitness program. Here's part of that conversation:
Mandy Leslie: What would you say to women who think this program may be too hard for beginners?
Traci Morrow: This program is good for women (and men!) of all fitness levels. Tony is brilliant at what he does because his brand of fitness has always been for everyone to get to play so he purposely designs it for all fitness levels. There is a modifier in each workout, so you follow along at your your own pace!
Mandy Leslie: This program is only 30 minutes compared to the original version of P90X, which was 1 hour. Can you tell our readers the other major difference between P90X3 and the original P90X?
Traci Morrow: No breaks! X3 moves at a pretty good pace, whereas P90X there were breaks in between the moves. If one needs a break, they can hit the pause button, otherwise, keep with their pace and 30 minutes is all you need!
Mandy Leslie: What fun fact can you share about your experience as a cast member and working with Tony Horton?
Traci Morrow: Tony likes to have his friends as well as test group participants in his workouts, so it is really fun and lighthearted on the set. He's his comfortable self and when the camera turns off, there are always laughs and people having a good time. I think that says a lot about Tony, but also about our director Ned Farr, who keeps on track, but a fun, low stress set. A fun fact.....for each workout that we're in, each cast member gets to bring their real gym gear on set and put it in the lockers at the back, so if you look closely you'll see each cast members stuff. We also wear our own clothes, and our own mats, water bottles, etc. so it feels more real and less matchy-matchy.
So in good P90X fashion, there must be some "before and afters" already! Of course there are! Just take a look at the slide show!
Still not sure if you wanna GET P90X3?
So here's a run down about P90X3 if you want to know the specifics!
TOP 21 Things you need to know to help you determine if P90X3 is right for you!
- All workouts are 30 minutes long
- The warm-up is 2 minutes and then constant work for the remaining 28 minutes
- There is a separate warm-up disk called Cold Start if you need a longer warm-up due to environment, time of day, etc
- P90X3 is a separate program from P90X and P90X2, not a harder version
- Anyone can start on P90X3, even beginners
- The nutrition plan goes back to nutrition basics of Power 90 and healthy eating
- There are 16 workouts in the P90X3 base System
- The Deluxe package has 4 extra routines for a total of 20
- P90X3 will include a new Pilates based workout...
- P90X3 will also include an all new Isometrics workout- A New Strength/Balance/Flexibility workout with Static Holds
- And it will include CVX: Cardiovascular Extreme - a Cardio workout with weights
- And P90X3 has MMX - a Mixed Martial Arts Extreme that expands the Kenpo workout
- Includes Agility X- All new agility programming
- And yes, Yoga is still part of the program, but it's only 30 mins
- There are 4 schedules in X3- classic, lean, doubles, and bulk
- 39 out of 40 people in the Test group lost 10% of their body fat %!!!!! (Whoa! How awesome is that?!)
- If you've done P90X or P90X2, you'll see similar moves and all new stuff too
- Equipment needed will include weights or bands (a pull-up bars is great like in P90X, but optional)
- Every move in X3 has a Beginner/Modified, In between move, and Challenging/Hard
- This program is based on science that suggests the first 30 minutes is the most effective part of any exercise routine, so we accelerate the workouts to create the most effective 30 minute routine
- Ab Moves- Most of them are athletic in nature, some are standing up and many are front facing instead of being on your back
P90X3 officially releases for sale Dec. 10, 2013.
Click here to get P90X3 and join a private support group for participants.