Ozzy Osbourne was burned in a house fire early Thursday morning, Jan. 18, 2013, after his wife, Sharon Osbourne forgot to blow out a candle the night before. They woke up to the sound of breaking glass when the candle caught on fire downstairs in the living room. ENews spoke with Sharon Osbourne about the incident today. She explained how the situation evolved:
Then, all of a sudden, Sharon said, "my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room—the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding."
Ozzy, who had surgery on his hand the day before, tried to use his own casted arm to help put it out and opened the doors, while Sharon went to get water.
"I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water it erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone," she said.
Yahoo News said that Ozzy's eyebrows and the front of his hair from the ears down are gone. Sharon was very penitent and vows never to light a candle in the house again. She expressed gratitude to the fire department, and she offered an apology to Ozzy:
"He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again,” she said.
Sharon Osbourne gives advice in the attached video, but today she offered very important advice to avoid a house fire. She warned candle lovers "to be careful and not make the same mistakes," according to Yahoo. Tonight, with power outages across Tennessee, this is very good advice indeed.