This one-young-man musical band which began in the basement of his parents’ house with songs he created and then posted to Myspace has risen to online viral recognition. You may know the music of Owl City for their two most recent movie soundtrack hits:
- “Shooting Star” from the movie Escape from Planet Earth
- “To the Sky” from the movie Legend of the Guardians
- “The Technicolor Phase” from the movie Alice in Wonderland
- “When Can I See You Again?” from the movie Wreck-It Ralph
- “Shine Your Way” from the new movie, The Croods
Since Owl City is signed with Universal Republic label and not a label limited to purely Christian music, you may not know is that the music behind Owl City is inspired by faith, or at least it is for Adam Young who provides lead lyrics, keyboards, guitar, bass, drums, percussion and other programming along with other musicians who tour as a band. He describes his walk of faith in a secular world of music in an article with Christian Post here.