Over the river and through the woods to Gunpowder Lodge we go

/EXID37724/slideshows/DSC_0105.JPG

Just as the day starts putting on its dusk coat, Mick, Dan and Tara along with a dedicated crew are still hard at work putting all the finishing touches on their remodel (of the old Timber Creek building) across from Gunpowder Falls Park in Kingsville on Belair Rd just north of Perry Hall. It's all the little things in preparation for the Grand Opening of Gunpowder Lodge on Friday March 12 at 4:30 pm. They offer a great menu with something for everyone in the family, even juice boxes for the "Little Campers". So stop by on your way home from work or make a date with your family and friends to come on out and see what they've done with the place. Join the GPL guest network!

GRAND OPENING
GUNPOWDER LODGE
10092 Bel Air Rd Kingsville, MD 21087
permission

Comments

• JAMES 4 years ago

Thought I would give the place a try because it was on the way home. My first impression was that the place was a little bit gritty. Place looks like it should be located somewhere in West Virginia. The atmosphere was limited as was the menu. The food was ok nothing special and alittle pricey. In addition to all that the help looked older and alittle worn like they had been in the buisness along time. Hire a good cook, change the menu so that your food is tastier and more variety and hire younger better looking bartenders.

• douglas m 4 years ago

Not very impressed with place. Service was good and the food was fair. Not really a place to go if you are looking for the opp sex. Very limited and very average looking people. Even the bartenders are something to desire. One bartender is attrative but looks like she has seen her better days. Need a overhaul in that dept.

• RAEGAN 4 years ago

WHAT A DUMP. OK SERVICE, FOOD SO SO I WOULD SPEND MY MONEY ELSE WHERE

• KYS 4 years ago

Wow, I haven't been yet but when did the physical appearance of the staff or the patrons have such a bearing on why one would patronize a restaurant? I really never gave it a thought and I am wondering why its so important...

• esf 4 years ago

Who are these people writing these comments. I wonder.....hmmm..
    Maybe they should take a long hard look in the mirror. I have been to Gunpowder Lodge several times. The food is alway great and the service is good. The managers and staff are good people who are working hard to make this place a success - a plus for the community aswell.

I could not agree more. Good for the community how? Anyway its just a place to eat and drink no big deal

• Chris 4 years ago

I have been frequenting this bar/restaurant since I was just out of high school and have seen owners and management come and go at least five times. I give a hearty two thumbs up to the current ownership and management. These folks are honestly working hard to put Gunpowder Lodge on the map as a place you can go and relax, get a cold drink and good food at a reasonable price. The new interior is clean, cozy and comfortable.
    Keep up the good work gang!

Keep

• TerryandAl 4 years ago

We love this place. The atmosphere is friendly and very clean. The food is excellent and plentiful (go on an empty stomach). Weekly specials, menu changes often with new items. The owners are exceptionally friendly and the restaurant is always busy with all ages of people. If you haven't been under the new ownership I would recommend going.. We actually dine here at least 1-2 times a week and recommend it to everyone!!!

was not impressed. Food was good service average and the atmosphere very bland. The people that worked there seemed to be working hard to impress but it is just a local joint. Not really worth going to unless you live around there with no where else to go. Where can you go to in Kingsville that have good looking people.

yuk!

I could not believe what I was reading on the blog so I made a trip there. I did not know what to expect. My first impression was that the place was a dive. When I walked in I found that the place was typical of any other local bar I have ever been in. You see your locals who are full og gossip about everyone in the place and than you see the other locals who hang out because they are too old to go anywhere else. The food was pretty good which was a suprise and the service was ok. I have to agree with the fact that they could get younger help in there the people are middle aged and look like they have been in the buisness a long time. Otherwise not a bad place to hang out and kill some time.

• edgar 4 years ago

need new bartenders. Try to get good looking ones under 30 who don't show so much wear and tear. Food is good but no eye candy. They look like they should be working at the VFW hall.

• Faye 3 years ago

For the folks who made the comments above... this is a “restaurant" not a “pick-up joint! This restaurant has an excellent menu that changes often, hard working wait staff, good service, good prices, and a GREAT rustic atmosphere. I highly recommend this restaurant and encourage people to make your own decisions instead of listening to the uneducated comments above!!

• edgar 3 years ago

To begin with what is so uneducated about making a comment that you would have thought that the place had better looking bartenders. No one said anything about picking them up. Personally I have no interest in 35 to 40 year old women who bartend. More than likely they have package and what future do they possibly have. I mean they are still waiting tables. So Faye when I walk into a place to eat that is local it would serve the owners of the place to have nice looking young help so that I continue to come back. Never said anything bad about the food, prices or rustic atmosphere. So I would recommend that before you say anything about this being an uneducated comment you read the add. Just an observation. By the way food was good but again reminded me of my dads VFW hall.

• james 3 years ago

On point better looking and younger bartenders. Food is great and I love the fact that it is so close to my home. I live right up the street. The only problem with the place is that it never seems to attract anyone that you would like to hook up with. I am 24 years old and like to hang out and maybe meet someone my own age. Everyone there is nice but they are older. Otherwise if you are looking for a place that has good food and you do get good service and do not mine the older people that come in there and work there than I would try the place out.

• HANK THE TANK FROM PARKVILLE 3 years ago

GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT . SERVICE WAS GOOD AND THE FOOD WAS FAIR. I HAVE BEEN READING THESE ADDS ABOUT HOW OLD THE PEOPLE ARE HERE AND I FOR ONE THINK THE THE BARTENDERS LOOK GOOD FOR BEING IN THIER LATE 30'S. DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY 40 YEAR OLD BARTENDERS BUT THEY LOOK OK TO ME. AT THAT POINT YOU NEED TO WONDER WHAT THEY DID WRONG IN LIFE TO BE SERVING DRINKS IN A BAR. ANYWAY COME ON OUT AND HANG OUT

• Chris 3 years ago

Hey give the bartenders a break. I heard the one is dating one of the owners. The short one and really needs money. She is not bad for being close to 40. Anyway great place to hang out.

Made a reservation. for dinner. Called to let them know we would be 5 to 10 minutes late because of an accident. When we arrived they had given our table to someone else. Manager was quite a jerk. This was twice now that something like this happened. I guess shame on us to trying again. Don't recommend unless you are willing to stand a drink at the bar. I can do that at home. :(

• JAMES 3 years ago

The manager is the same jerk that owned Dead Freddies. That whole crew is a bunch of clowns. The place is only good because there are few places in the area to go and enjoy a meal or drink without having to drive to Belair or White Marsh. The managers are jerks and women who work there are easy. One is even seeing the owner.

• HANK THE TANK 3 years ago

DID ANYONE SEE THE WACKO OWNER SCOTT YELLING AT THE BARTENDER WITH ALL THE WAR PAINT ON AND FAKE TANNING LOTION THE OTHER NIGHT. HE WAS SCREAMING AT HER AND SHE WAS CRYING LIKE A BABY. SHE FINALLY RAN OUT OF THE PLACE. THIS GUY IS SUCH A LOSER SCREAMING AT PEOPLE. HE IS THE SAME GUY THAT OWNED DEAD FREDDIES AND HEAR THAT NO ONE LIKES HIM. WHY WOULD YOU YELL AT A WOMAN WHO IS TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING AND PROBABLY REALLY NEEDS THE JOB. I HEARD SHE SHOWED BACK UP ON SUNDAY AND WORKED. EITHER SHE IS AS BIG A LOSER AS HE IS OR SHE MUST BE VERY DESPERATE FOR MONEY. I WOULD HAVE NEVER TOLERATED THAT BULL SHT. ANYWAY I FOR ONE AND A COUPLE OF MY FRIENDS WILL NOT BEING GOING IN THAT PLACE ANYMORE AS LONG AS THAT IDIOT SCOTT OWNS THE PLACE.

• JAMES 3 years ago

GOOD THING THEY LEASE THE BUILDING. HOPEFULLY WHEN THERE LEASE EXPIRES SOMEONE ELSE WILL BUY THE BUIS. GREAT LOCATION AND FULL OF POSSIBILITIES BUT RUN BY ACOUPLE OF JERKS WHO NOTHING ABOUT THE BUIS. THEY ARE THE WORST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SIT AROUND AND DRINK ALL NIGHT AND ACT LIKE BUT HOLES

• Jen 3 years ago

Entertainment at its finest or shall we say jealousy. I challenge HANK THE TANK to come in and introduce himself to me, considering he or she has never been in nor will they ever. This is a case of relationships gone bad and a few people get their kicks out of degrading my place of employment. YES PEOPLE a few of these comments are coming straight from a childish group of wack jobs that work in car dealerships and have nothing better to do but sit around and dwell on my life because they have no lives of their own. BTW we do cater to the older crowd. So most of us are well experienced bartenders with other jobs or students who look damn good!!!!!! Ha Leave me alone please and get a life!!!!! As for the jealous ex used up fling...I pity u!