Who wants to evoke the spirit of Elvira when it's 75 degrees outside? The idea of dark colored lipstick or lip gloss is a look that lends ones thoughts on Halloween, trendy Fall seasons and a self-proclaimed goth's makeup box.
So perhaps the very idea of vampy violet, bold burgundy and carefree crimson isn't a top choice for your Spring makeup must haves.
A ripe second guess is, this season, rich dark lips are a must and not because Lorde decided to become a trend setter with her signature dark puckers either!
Burgundy is a runaway hit this Spring, appearing on a number of shows and collections and like most deep colors, it's a color that can translate from clothes to makeup when done right.
Dark colors to try out this spring to break out of the pastel rut: oxblood, violet, deep fuchsia and crimson. Here are 7 think outside of the box rich and dark colors for the lips this Spring...
1. Kevyn Aucoin Lip Gloss in Bloodroses $30 neimanmarcus.com
2. MAC Lipstick in Hang Up $16 maccosmetics.com
3. Dolce & Gabbana Shine Lipstick in Violet $33 nordstrom.com
4. NYX Butter Lipstick in Big Cherry $6 nastygal.com
5. Clarins Rouge Prodige Lipstick in Dark Cherry $32 selfridges.com
6. Estee Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick in Rebel Raspberry $25 esteelauder.com
7.Burt's Bees Lip Shine in Smooch $7 target.com