Genealogists and family historians plan to attend the annual worship sponsored by Our Genealogy Group on March 9, 2013. The workshop will be held in the Clayton State University Library, 2000 Clayton State Blvd, Morrow, GA 30260.
Workshop speakers include:
- Susan Sloan – "Georgia Genealogy Society and Georgia Archives: Best Friends Forever"
- Cathy Miller – “I Didn't Know that Was Here!": An Introduction to the National Archives at Atlanta
- Joy Shivar – “Orphaned Heirlooms”
- Jeffrey Wells – “Land Lotteries and Georgia’s Movement West”
- Clarke Otten – “Indian Tales and Pioneer Trails”
- Dee Leclair – “Getting Your Digital Images and Photos Organized, Edited, & Backed-up - Memory Manager 4.0” and “Creating Family History Books & Family Gifts - StoryBook Creator 4.0”
- Angela Pendleton – “Identifying Old Family Photographs” and “Researching County Courthouse Records”
- Trish Fields – “Brick Walls - What to do when your stumped” and USGen Web
- Guy Shaw – “Find A Grave and Cemetery News”
- Rosemary Fischer – “Death-defying Research”
- Rosemary Fischer & Terri-Taylor Hamrick – “Keeping Keepsakes”
- Also, a few surprise speakers and topics
Genealogical products and displays:
- Reunion Ideas
- Genealogy Basics
- Morrow Business & Tourism Association
- Georgia Genealogical Society
- Our Genealogy Group
- Creative Memories
- Coweta County Genealogical Society
- Identifying Family Photographs
- Family History Center and Family Search.org
- Genealogy Research Services
- National Archives at Atlanta
- Hollinger Metal Edge
- Plus information on area genealogy groups, research, and societies
Time – registration 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. workshop 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Cost – $5.00 individual or $ 7.00 couple. Cash only payable at the door and please bring no bills larger than $10.
Lunch – bring your own or plan to go out, a soda machine is in the building
RSVP – reservation deadline is March 1, 2013. Register by email to Angela Pendleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to Rosemary Fischer at Clayton State University 678.466.4349
Publicize your genealogical or historical event, Selma Blackmon.