Our children are our future. We are responsible for helping them learn about life, and today that includes a life in cyberspace too.
Building a child up, boosting their self-esteem and creating a sense of self-worth can help them to make better choices. Peer pressure today can be overwhelming, but when your child is confident, they are likely to stand in their beliefs and not cave to bad choices.
We can't shield our kids from bullying and cyberbullying but we can prepare them for how to protect themselves and more importantly how to become upstanders.
On Saturday March 29th, St. Johns County will be presenting the Community Empowerment Series.
- Bullying - Leading Bullying Prevention Expert, Dr. Michele Borba
- Cyberbullying - Leading Cyberbullying Prevention Expert, Dr. Sameer Hinduja
- Stranger Danger - Florida's Leading Sex Crimes Prosecutor, Stacey Honowitz
- Cyber-Security - Cyber Expert, Theresa Payton
- Body Image - Tween and Tween Expert, Sarah Burningham
All five of these celebrity experts are also well-know authors and have been on media outlets for years. Their credentials are extremely impressive and no one can afford to miss this FREE event!
When: Saturday, March 29th, 2014
Location: St. Augustine High School
Workshops: Sign-up online - space is limited.
Sarah Burningham will offer a Girl to Girl Workshop show for girls ages 8 and up on body image, peer pressure and what our girls are facing today. (9:30 and 1:30 workshops) approximately an hour long.
Theresa Payton will be offering cyber-civics on privacy and security online workshops. (9:30 and 1:30 worshops)