The run for the poses with Ottawa Sun Scramble championship trophies gets under way tomorrow at Pine View Golf Course when players in the Flashpoint Photobooth D Division fire the first shots of the weeklong event.
The Ottawa Sun Scramble is the city’s largest golf tournament. It features 11 divisions that allow teams of men and women golfers from scratch players through to high-handicappers to challenge for titles while playing a best-ball format.
More than 70 competitors are in the field for round one of the Flashpoint Photobooth D Division, which is for teams of players who both shoot more than 100.
“There are many beginners in the field at Pine View who will be playing their first ever competitive tournament,” said Andy Rajhathy, vice-president of Executive Golf, the virtual golf club that conducts the event. “ClubEG will have player assistants out on the course to help the competitors with any questions and to help keep play moving at a comfortable pace.”
The 10 teams that make the cut on Pine View’s 6,449-yard, par 71 Championship Course will go at it in round two at the Outaouais Golf Club on Aug. 23 during Championship Saturday.
Last year’s D Division first-round cutline came in at 6-over 77. Eric Seguin of Pine View and Fred Emard of Bearbrook posted the winning two-round total of 2-over 145.
The victory vaulted Seguin and Emard into this year’s Absolute Comedy C Division, which is for players carrying scoring averages between 92 and 99 or Golf Canada handicap factors between 17.0 and 24.9.
The tandems of Andre Kingsbury of ClubEG and Mario Quenneville of ClubEG and Leith Kealey and Paul Pilon of Mont Ste-Marie will go out tomorrow as D Division favourites after finishing third and fourth, respectively, in 2013.
Here is the field for the 2014 Flashpoint Photobooth D Division and their finishes from last year:
- Andre Kingsbury (ClubEG) & Mario Quenneville (ClubEG), 3rd
- Leith Kealey & Paul Pilon (Mont Ste-Marie), 4th
- Claude Desjardins & Robert Rennick, T5
- Joshua Moore (ClubEG) & Matt Moore, T5
- Scott Lucano (ClubEG) & Bob Hocquard, T5
- Andrew Wigle & Josh Schacter, T5
- Dominic Parent (ClubEG) & Dominic Martin, T8
- Tim Brown (ClubEG) & Jeff Goselink (ClubEG), T8
- Shawn Duggan & Johnny Hunt, 10th
- Cory Chuchryk & Andrew Lennon, 11th
- Greg McLean (Gatineau) & Sylvianne Poulin (Gatineau), T12
- Marc Pilon & Marc Sabourin, T12
- Steph Pilon (Nation) & Marc Pilon (Nation), T12
- Michel Guilbeault & Dave Alberto, T15
- Bruce Garrioch (Ottawa Sun) & Partner, T17
- Dennis Blackie (ClubEG) & Drew McAnulty (Slammer Tour), T17
- Jack Grey & Ken Lacroix, T17
- Costa Glikofridis (ClubEG) & Kevin Huynh, T17
- Wayne Tucker (ClubEG) & Akhter Mufti (ClubEG), T22
- Savo Markovic & Dragan Veljovic, T22
- Ron Nichol & Gary Woodruff, T26
- Mark Bellerdine & Chad Bellerdine, T26
- Nick Burden & Liam Parsons, T53
- Ian Storto (Edelweiss) & Glenn Miner (Meadows), n/a
- Maurice Joly & Richard Burris, n/a
- Chris Hennessey & Tom Domenico, n/a
- Robert Gowan & Harold MacInnis, n/a
- Michel Hickey & Maurice Pilon, n/a
- Mark Kallio & Chris Campbell, n/a
- Ernie Dugal & Stephen Shonuck, n/a
- Mark Mallette (Dragonfly) & Terry Scharf, n/a
- Roger Dumelie & Richard Munro, n/a
- Barry Pascoe & Shawn Kennedy, n/a
- Rodney Pucci & Todd Jardine, n/a
- Mathieu Masson & Yannick Beaulieu, n/a
- Anand Jahagirdar & Chris Heywood, n/a
- Mitchell Miranda (Falcon Ridge) & Alykhan Essa (Pine View), n/a
- Scott Gibeault & Alan Breit, n/a
For tee-times, visit http://www.ottawasunscramble.com/pdf/2014FlashpointDDraw.pdf
Subscribe to Ron Patey’s Examiner.com golf coverage free of charge by clicking on the subscribe icon near the top of the column, after which you will receive an e-mail notification each time a new report is posted.