The annual event raises funds in support of respite care for young adults living with severe disabilities while giving their families the breaks they need to stay healthy and together.
Men and women players are invited to begin with a hot buffet breakfast, then golf throughout the day, have lunch brought to them on the 27-hole course, participate in fun competitions and complete the event by attending a barbecue steak dinner.
The minimum entry fee for the day is $272. It includes green fees, power cart, the breakfast, lunch and dinner. This total is equivalent to the cost of providing one 24-hour period of care at the Rotary Home for a young adult with physical disabilities.
Organizers encourage each golfer to raise all or part of the $272 in pledges from family and friends. The top three individual golfers and the top team with the most raised in pledges will win fabulous prizes.
Golf-A-Thon participants and sponsors have raised more than $525,000 during the past decade in support of the Ottawa Rotary Home.
Here is the Golf-A-Thon’s schedule:
- 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. - Registration and hot buffet breakfast. Collection of cash/cheque donations and pledge forms.
- 9 a.m. - Tee off, rain or shine.
- Noon - Lunch will be served on the course. Water and soft drinks will be provided throughout the day.
- 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Silent Auction
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Barbecue steak dinner and raffle.
Emerald Links is a 27-hole bent grass track featuring mature wooded areas dotted by lakes and ponds. Sixteen of the 27 holes have water in play and there are more than 75 bunkers lining the fairways or bordering the greens.
For more details or to register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.822.5391.