Funds raised from The Salvation Army Ottawa Grace Manor Charity Golf Tournament will be used for the Life Enrichment Program, which offers the residents trips, outings and a variety of activities including arts, music, fitness and games.
The donations will also help in the maintaining and expanding of the beautiful gardens that surround Ottawa Grace Manor so residents, especially those too ill to go on trips, have a lovely outdoor space to spend time in with their families.
Pine View’s Don Costello, a member of the course’s management team, has issued a challenge to all family and friends within the Ottawa Grace Manor community to support this event by creating four-person teams.
Don has entered Team Wanda in honour of his mother who is a resident at the long-term care residence.
He also invites all golfers from across the national capital region to enter teams and join the fundraising effort for the vital facility.
“It will be a fun-filled day of golf on our Championship Course, prizes, silent auction and dinner,” said Don. “Each golfer will walk away with at least one prize at the end of the day.
“Whether you’re a pro, novice player or never played before, register yourself with a friend or an entire team and come enjoy the day.”
Don says that because of the generosity of sponsors, the registration fee and monies from the silent auction will be the only donation streams. There won’t be any fundraising done on the course during play.
Schedule for the day:
- 1 p.m. - Shotgun start for best-ball format
- Silent Auction throughout the day
- 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Dinner prepared by Bytown Catering
- Registration fee for the event is $85 per person. The fee includes 18 holes, golf cart, dinner and prizes.
Pine View Course is a 36-hole facility located at 1471 Blair Rd.
About the Ottawa Grace Manor
A Board of Governance in conjunction with the Salvation Army Divisional Headquarters governs the Salvation Army Ottawa Grace Manor.
Programs and Services:
- Nursing - Nursing caregivers are made up of Registered Nurses (RN’s), Registered Practical Nurses (RPN’s), and Personal Support Workers (PSW’s). Twenty-four hour nursing care is provided for all residents.
- Resident Services and Information - Services to the residents include Audiology (externally), Optometry/Optician Services, Foot Care Services, Dental Service, Pharmacy and Family Council.
- Life Enrichment - The Life Enrichment Department provides a variety of recreational, cultural, physical and intellectual activities designed to meet the needs of individual residents. With several outings a month, the residents at Ottawa Grace Manor enjoy a variety of community experiences. Minimal transportation costs apply for outings.
- Environmental Services - Laundry services are provided for all residents, with the exception of dry cleaning and other specialized cleaning services. Housekeeping staff wash and label personal clothing at no extra cost.
- Food Services - Individual needs of the residents are met through the on-site meal preparation. The Director of Food Services and the Registered Dietician assess the needs, likes and dislikes of each resident and establish a Nutritional Plan of Care.
- Spiritual Care - The Spiritual Care department assists people in drawing upon their own religious beliefs and spiritual resources as they seek to face the challenges or crisis before them. Residents receive one-to-one visits and support from the Spiritual Care Department. A chaplain is on-call 24 hours seven days a week, to provide counseling and support to residents, families, staff, and volunteers. A chaplain is also available to conduct funeral/memorial services for residents.
For more details and to register, please contact Azra at Ottawa Grace Manor by calling 613.722.8025 ex. 135 or contact Don at 613.746.4301.