Several features and contest areas have come onboard as plans for the 2013 Ottawa-Gatineau GolfExpo continue to take shape.
“Join us March 9-10 at the Ernst & Young Centre (formerly the CE Centre) in south Ottawa to check out the latest equipment to help you improve your game, find out what’s new at your favourite course, scout new places to play in 2013 and take part in contests with terrific prizes,” said Carol Ann Campbell, the expo’s manager and regional director of the Eastern Ontario/Outaouais Chapter of the National Golf Course Owners Association.
Here are the contests and features:
- Bunker Blast - Test your skills in the sand.
- Closest to the Pin - Compete against fellow golf show attendees to win great prizes.
- Seminar Stage - Sit for a bit and get expert advice from golf pro presenters.
- Demo Range - Test the latest equipment from a huge line-up of manufacturers.
- Kids' Zone - Bring your junior golfer and drop by for a variety of golf activities geared to juniors. There’s free admission to the show for kids 12 and under.
Falcon Ridge Golf Course has hooked up with the Ottawa-Gatineau GolfExpo to offer free parking and shuttle service to the two-day event. Travel time is approximately 10 minutes from Falcon Ridge to the Ernst & Young Centre.
Before jumping on the shuttle, golfers can check out the high definition golf simulators in the Falcon Ridge clubhouse with friends while enjoying a beverage or grab quick bite.
If attendees need to relax and rejuvenate after walking the expo floor, they can hop back on the shuttle and visit Falcon Ridge’s clubhouse. It will remain open as long as the shuttle is running.
- March 9 - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- March 10 - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- General Admission - $14
- Children 12 and under - Free
- Two-for-one twilight special - After 3 p.m. both days.
- Parking - The Ernst and Young Centre has on-site paid parking. The cost is a flat fee of $7 per vehicle.
For more details, contact Campbell at 613.528.1994 or e-mail email@example.com.