A recent recall of children's over the counter medicines are leaving parents and caretakers worried about what the side effects are going to be for children who were given these kinds of drugs. Over the counter drugs and other synthetic medications only cover up the symptoms of an underlying issue.
When a child is sick or feeling under the weather, it is heart-wrenching because parents feel helpless and want their child to be healthy and happy.
If you are at your wits end about how to help your child stay healthy, there are many safe and sound all natural alternatives for treating and assisting your child back to health. The best part about working with products from Mother Earth's pharmacy - they are are safe for kids of all ages, there are no side effects and usually no contraindications.
Many times ear aches or ear infections are because the Eustachian tubes are small and not draining properly. To relief the pressure and drain any fluid in the ear take fresh garlic and shave it into a cheese cloth and tie it into a small bundle. Let this soak in warm olive oil until the garlic is soft and pliable. Then take an eye dropper and put a few drops of the warm olive oil in the affected ear. You can use the garlic for other healthy uses. So nothing is wasted. Apply a warm, moist cloth over the affected ear to alleviate discomfort. Make sure the ear drum is not ruptured.
"It is exciting to watch your baby grow and to witness so many firsts with your child, such as when they roll for the first time, sit up on their own, and try their first taste of real food. Your baby's first tooth is another joyful development, but can also be a cause of many sleepless nights for you and your baby as well. Although you could just give your teething baby some pain relievers bought over the counter, it is best to use natural methods whenever possible. Here are a few ways to soothe your teething child the natural way;
- Buy one (or several) of those mesh pops. Peel and cut some bananas into sections about 2 inches long (or whatever size will fit into your mesh pop), and freeze them in a Ziploc or plastic bag. Whenever your baby becomes irritable, just take one piece out of the freezer, put in the mesh pop, and let them chew on it. Very tasty and soothing on the gums.
- Give your child teething biscuits. Earth's Best makes excellent organic biscuits that last a long time. Just make sure that your child does not bite off a chunk that may be a choking hazard. It is best for children 9 months or older.
- Buy some chew toys or teething rings and freeze or chill them in the refrigerator, then give them to your teething baby. Make sure to clean them first.
- Wet a clean washcloth and place in a plastic bag, then freeze. This makes an excellent homemade chew toy.
- Offer a sterilized pacifier. This may help a little, especially when you are on the road. Some parents may prefer not to use pacifiers due to potential dental problems. ~ www.ehow.com
It is not uncommon for newborn babies to go through periods when they appear abnormally irritable or seemingly cry for no reason. "Pediatricians often use the "Rule of Three" to diagnose colic: "A baby that cries for three or more hours per day, at least three times per week, within a three month period". Wess, et al., "Paroxysmas fussing in infancy." Pediatrics 1984:74:998. About 25 percent of babies worldwide meet the official "Rule of Threes" criteria for medical diagnosis of colic." ~ www.coliccalm.com
If you suspect your baby is suffering from colic, there is a wonderful homeopathic remedy called Colic Calm Gripe Water. "Homeopathic remedies can be an excellent choice for treating infant colic symptoms. Homeopathy is safe and completely allergen-free and side-effect-free. There is only one such liquid formula on the market. Colic Calm Gripe Water is available online and in select health food stores and health practitioners' offices. Colic Calm has a success rate of over 90% in treating baby colic. Many parents and caretakers have been relieved to find an all-natural remedy. The unique homeopathic formula works within minutes, so it is only given on an "as needed" basis." Other methods for relief from colic include; soothing music or sounds, diet modifications, water aromatherapy, swaddling and a gentle rocking motion. ~ www.coliccalm.com
There are many other common infant and childhood dis-eases that can be treated with the use of Mother Nature's pharmacy. The natural remedies are safe and sound. There are no undesirable side effects. Going the extra mile for your child will be worth it in the long run. Your child will develop a strong and healthy immune system by allowing the healing process to take place naturally.
For more information about treating babies naturally please visit www.organic-baby-resource.com,
a wealth of practical natural alternatives for taking care of the bambino.
Please share this article with parents and caretakers who are concerned about giving children over the counter drugs or antibiotics. And don't forget to subscribe for free.
Thanks for reading and stay healthy!!!