KPRC is reporting today that police have arrested a man who is suspected of brutally attacking a Hispanic cleaning lady at the Eclipse Gentlemen's Club in Houston, TX. Authorities say Osvaldo Fernandez-Aguilar was captured in Cancun, Mexico on Friday. He is charged with capital murder in the death of Maria Lucrecia and her unborn child.
The following is a timeline in the murder of Guatemalan native Maria Lucrecia of Houston, according to court documents obtained by Traciy Curry-Reyes of Examiner.
A few weeks before the murder
Security guard Osvaldo Fernandez-Aguilar is contracted through Houston Contact Patrol Inc, is fired from the Eclipse Gentlemen's Club. He is also suspended from Houston Contact Patrol Inc.
Monday, March 24
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Victim Maria Lucrecia has lunch with her husband German Castro-Chammorro and 6-year-old child at a restaurant not far from the Eclipse Gentlemen's Club, according to CBS-7.
- Maria Lucrecia returns to work at the Eclipse club to perform her cleaning duties. She normally enters the club alone and cleans before the club opens.
- Maria Lucrecia speaks with her husband German Castro by phone for the last time. He tells her that he plans to pick up the insurance papers.
- Sometime after the phone call, Maria Lucrecia is attacked by Oswaldo Fernandez-Aguilar.
German Castro-Chammarro calls his wife Maria to let her know that he is outside the club. When she fails to answer, German Castro notices that the club doors are locked. He places a call to club owner and manager Pouria Jahangiri.
- Pouria Jahangiri arrives and enters the club, along with the victim's husband and child. There they find the body of the pregnant cleaning lady on the floor.
- Police is dispatched to the scene at the Eclipse Gentlemen's Club located at 6821 South Gessner in Houston, where they find the body of a pregnant woman laying flat on her back. The woman is identified as 27-year-old Maria Lucrecia, an immigrant from Guatemala.
- As detectives walk through the scene, they find a cash register open. $1000 is missing from the register.
- Surveillance video from nearby business capture Osvaldo Fernandez as he enters the club. He is holding a bag of food in his hands. Surveillance video also shows Fernandez leaving through a back door of the club.
- Media outlets are alerted that police are looking for the unidentified White/Hispanic male in the video. Police soon receive a tip from the Crime Stopper's hotline, where a person identified the male in the video as Osvaldo Fernandez-Aguilar.
- Osvaldo Fernandez-Aguilar calls his common-law wife Fabiola Munoz to ask her for money so that he can leave town. When she asks why he needs money, the suspect tells her that he needs to get out of town because the police are looking for him.
- Fernandez then advises his wife to watch the news. Fabiola Munoz later sees the news item featuring the murder case involving Maria Lucrecia and recognizes the man in the video as her common-law husband.
- The Harris County Sheriff's Department is still looking for information leading to the arrest of Osvaldo Fernandez-Aguilar.
- A capital murder warrant has been issued for his arrest.
- Captured: Osvaldo Fernandez-Aguilar was apprehended in Cancun, Mexico.