Oso Landslide Benefit Shows Announced
The area around Oso in eastern Snohomish county was hit with what will likely be the worst landslide disaster of modern times in U.S. history, at least in terms of casualties. Benefit shows to raise money for the all those affected are now starting to be organized. Here’s the first five show announced.
1. In response to the tragic events in Oso/Darrington, the Wild Buffalo and What’s Up! Magazine will be hosting a benefit concert and silent auction in Bellingham on Thursday, April 10th. 100% of funds raised will go directly to Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team and The Disaster Relief Account for Oso Landslide Victims through the Cascade Valley Hospital Health Foundation. Donations at the door.
The Wild Buffalo
208 W Holly St, Bellingham, WA 98225
2. Tony V’s in Everett has announced a benefit for May 9th.
1712 Hewitt Ave Everett, WA 98201
3. Birdsview Brewery is excited to announce that Saturday March 29th they will be having a fundraiser for the slide victims. The Back Porch Apostles have agreed to donate their tips and whatever is paid to them and there will also be a chili feed all day. A portion of the beer and chili sales will also be going to the relief fund.
38302 St. Rt. 20
Concrete, Washington 98237
4. A Benefit for Oso with a Concert and Art Auction will be held at The Heart of Anacortes Sunday, April 6th starting at 1:00 PM.The Concert will feature Ben Starner, Lane Fernando, Fidalgo Swing, Knut Bell, Jacob Navarro and the Stilly River Band, with the line up subject to change. The Art Auction will feature known Local Artists.
The Heart of Anacortes is located at the corner of 4th and O Ave. in Anacortes.
5.Sidekicks Grill, Everett . Saturday March 29th between 7:30pm and close we will be hosting a night which will include a bake sale, auction and live music.
Side Kicks Grill
1709 Hewitt Avenue
Everett, Washington 98201
6. Polly O’Keary and the Rhythm Method are hosting Blues For The Slide an all-day concert featuring bands from as far away as Portland Sunday, April 6 at the Cedar Stump in Arlington.
The Cedar Stump
19711 Smokey Point Boulevard, Arlington, Washington 98223
7. Oso Relief Benefit Show April 6, 4:00pm at The Hawthorne in Snohomish.
Confirmed Music so far: Petty Thief, Square Butte, Frank Sandoval and Reggie Miles.
115 Avenue A
Snohomish, Washington 98290
Phone (360) 563-5243
Direct Donations can be made to the Red Cross at : http://www.redcross.org/cm/kingnwcn-pub
(info courtesy of northwest music scene)