The latest Bond film staring Daniel Craig who is very popular in the part.
The producers of this February's Oscar show, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said:
"We are very happy to include a special sequence on our show saluting the Bond films on their 50th birthday."
A celebration of Bond can only mean the Academy will go big. I would think that many of the actors to play Bond will be featured. Below is a list of actors who have played James Bond.
- Barry Nelson, played Bond in "Casino Royale on television as part of the "Climax" TV show. Nelson passed in 2007.
- Bob Holness, played Bond in a South African radio production of "Moonraker." Bob died one year ago, Jan. 6, 2012. Unfortunately, no recording of this performance has survived. Bob is 84.
- Sean Connery, played Bond between 1962 and 1967. He was the first actor to bring 007 to the big screen.
- The films Connery did are:
- "Dr. No"
- "From Russia with Love"
- "You Only Live Twice"
- Sean is still with us, he is 82.
- Roger Moore, play Bond in 1964 in a comedy sketch on "Mainly Millicent."
- David Niven played Bond in 1967 in "Casino Royale."Producer Charles K. Feldman failed to get the film to be part of the official series. He ended up doing the film as a comedy spoof.
- George Lazenby, played Bond in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." Lazenby was the highest paid male model in the world at the time. He is Australian and only played Bond once because his agent thought the franchise would lose its popularity. Lazenby is 73.
- Sean Connery, played Bond again in "Diamonds Are Forever."
- In 1973 until 1985, Roger Moore played James Bond. This was his first big screen turn at Bond. His films include:
- "Live and Let Die"
- "The Man with the Golden Gun"
- "The Spy Who Loved Me"
- "For Your Eyes Only"
- A View to a Kill"
- Moore has done more official Bond films than any other actor.
- Christopher Cazenove played Bond in "Omnibus: The British Hero" which was a documentary on the BBC. Cazenove is 66.
- Sean Connery played Bond in "Never Say Never Again." This was the last Bond film that Connery appeared in, it is considered by many to be his worst Bond film.
- Timothy Dalton played Bond from 1987-1989. He starred in "Living Daylights" and "Licence to Kill." Dalton is 68.
- Pierce Brosnan, who is a very dapper guy, played Bond from 1995-2002. He did "Goldeneye", Tomorrow Never Dies," The World is Not Enough" and "Die Another Day." Brosnan is 59.
- That brings us to Daniel Craig. Not everyone's favorite, but his films have done very well with "Skyfall" being the highest grossing Bond film yet with over $1B dollars as of this writing.
- Craig is 44.
There are several of these guys who could show up and put on a great show. This article doesn't even consider the "Bond Girls." Looking forward to seeing this year's Oscar show.
James Bond on Facebook.