One of the most exciting parts of The Oscars (and any award show, really) is seeing what the celebrities are going to bring to the table (or carpet). This year, at the 86th Academy Awards at the Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, California, that took place yesterday, March 2, fashion critics and fans were overall pleased with the fashion that hit the red carpet.
While there were some celebrities that made us think “What were you thinking?” others were so stunning that we couldn’t help but put our televisions on pause and stare at them.
Celebs like “12 Years a Slave” star Lupita Nyong’o, “American Hustle” star Jennifer Lawrence and “Gravity” star Sandra Bullock awed audiences with their gorgeous gowns on the Oscars Red Carpet.
Luckily for some of the stars and best-dressed of the Red Carpet, like Blanchett, Bullock and Nyong’o, they were able to show off their flawless dresses when accepted awards for some Academy Awards. All 86th Academy Award winners are:
- Best Picture – 12 Years a Slave
- Best Actor in a Leading Role – Matthew McConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club)
- Best Actress in a Leading Role – Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role – Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave)
- Best Animated Feature – Frozen (Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee, Peter Del Vecho)
- Best Cinematography – Gravity (Emmanuel Lubezki)
- Best Costume Design – The Great Gatsby (Catherine Martin)
- Best Directing – Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
- Best Documentary Feature – 20 Feet from Stardom (Morgan Neville, Gil Friesen, Caitrin Rogers)
- Best Documentary Short – The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life (Malcolm Clarke, Nicholas Reed)
- Best Film Editing – Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón, Mark Sanger)
- Best Foreign Language Film – The Great Beauty (Italy)
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling – Dallas Buyers Club (Adruitha Lee, Robin Mathews)
- Best Original Score – Gravity (Steven Price)
- Best Original Song – Let It Go - Frozen
- Best Production Design – The Great Gatsby (Catherine Martin, Beverley Dunn)
- Best Animated Short Film – Mr. Hublot (Laurent Witz, Alexandre Espigares)
- Best Live Action Short Film – Helium (Anders Walter, Kim Magnusson)
- Best Sound Editing – Gravity (Glenn Freemantle)
- Best Sound Mixing – Gravity (Skip Lievsay, Niv Adiri, Christopher Benstead, Chris Munro)
- Best Visual Effects – Gravity (Tim Webber, Chris Lawrence, Dave Shirk, Neil Corbould)
- Best Adapted Screenplay – 12 Years a Slave (John Ridley)
- Best Original Screenplay – Her (Spike Jonze)
The show, hosted by the very funny and overall loved Ellen DeGeneres, was claimed to be an overall great show, with very deserving Academy Award winners.
Please view the slideshow to see who I think had the most gorgeous gowns.
Please visit Holly’s website and find her on social media.