- Brave: Merida is a high-spirited Scottish princess who resists her mother's efforts to transform her into a more ladylike young woman. Faced with an arranged marriage she doesn't want, Merida runs away into the forest, where she encounters a witch who teaches her a dangerous spell.
- Frankenweenie: Young Victor Frankenstein is a science whiz who spends his time experimenting in his parents' attic and filming amateur monster movies starring his dog, Sparky. When Sparky dies in an accident, however, Victor decides to see if he can reanimate his beloved pet.
- ParaNorman: Norman Babcock is a smart, lonely boy living in the New England town of Blithe Hollow who has an unusual power: he can see the dead and communicate with the spirit world. His strange talent does little to endear him to his fellow students or his older sister, but it draws the attention of local eccentric Prenderghast, who gives him dire warnings of an approaching curse.
- The Pirates! Band of Misfits: The Pirate Captain leads a band of buccaneers who remain fiercely loyal to him despite his shortcomings as a raider and pillager. Facing stiff competition from more successful high seas brigands, the Captain is nevertheless determined to capture the prestigious Pirate of the Year award.
- Wreck-It Ralph: Ralph is a character in a video arcade game, a destructive, oversized demolitions expert who dreams of transforming himself from a villain into a hero. Leaving his own game behind, Ralph sets off on an odyssey through a series of games where his programmed propensity for violence works against his efforts to change.
Tune in to ABC this Sunday at 7 p.m. EST to find out which movie will take home the Oscar.
See a full list of nominees at oscar.go.com