Will you be watching the biggest night in Hollywood tomorrow night? Will you be tuning in for red carpet coverage to pick your "Best Dressed" favorites?
The best way to enjoy the annual epic night of stars is with a festive recipe to accompany it.
Florida Orange Bouillabaisse
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Citrus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups onions or shallots, thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound celery, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces Florida orange juice
- 16 ounces clam juice or fish broth
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 bay leaf
- Zest of 1/2 Florida orange
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 3 pounds of assorted fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1 to 2 pounds of clams or mussels
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, crab, lobster meat, or rock lobster tails
- *Tilapia, halibut and cod work well in this recipe.
Heat a deep, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat. Add oil and onions; cook until deep golden. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add tomatoes, celery, fennel and salt; cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Add orange juice, clam juice, wine , lemon juice, thyme, orange zest, saffron; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. When broth is flavorful, add fish fillets and clams; simmer until fish is thoroughly cooked. Add shrimp; heat through.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving suggestion: Serve with crusty French bread and garlic mayonnaise.