Busy moms and dads know that children’s books, toys and clothes can easily slip into chaos if left unchecked. Here are a few tips to help curb the clutter.
1. Repurpose an inexpensive spice rack to corral children’s books in the slim space behind a closet door.
2. Create your own art gallery by stringing wire across empty frames. Use clothes pins to hang the current selection of masterpieces.
3. A shallow plastic bin can easily slide under the crib and provides extra storage for diapers, wipes and other baby supplies.
4. Lunch Kits can be hung from hooks on the wall near the pantry so they’re easy to find and don’t clutter up your kitchen work space.
5. Keep owners manuals for all your child’s toys in sheet protectors in a binder. This way you’ll always know where they are. This works for appliances and electronics as well.
6. Make a memory file box for each child to hold their special papers, favorite art-work, and report cards.
7. Papers tend to collect in the kitchen. Keep school work, menus, art projects etc. off the counter with wall slots for each child or each activity.
8. Use a clear plastic shoe organizer to make your own car caddy. This keeps everything handy for your little ones and up, off the floor.
Also, keep in mind when you set out to tackle your child's room or closet, call charities in your area to see if they will pick up your items.