One big challenge for every mom is getting & staying organized. I’ve found that once you get organized it’s much easier and faster to stay that way. First off, tackle one project at a time and don’t overdo it thinking it all needs to happen in one day or one night!
Pretty much every mom I know loves Pinterest for ideas & recipes but if they are anything like me they pin tons of different things yet never actually use or make them and often never even look back on them. I decided to change this - I printed (yes hard copies!) 4 ideas that I’d like to do first - from recipes to house DIY items and put them on a bulletin board. This makes it more likely they will happen and I won’t forget about them.
Speaking of Pinterest, here are a few things I found that are great ideas for getting organized.
- This would be a great addition to a child’s room, office or play room - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/530791506055345738/
- A great way to put away mail, remotes, toys, etc. would be to hang baskets in the living room or hallway like this example - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/530791506053903254/
- Not enough space in your home office or desk area? This shows some great ways to utilize the wall space by a desk to make room for supplies, papers, to do’s and more - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/530791506053903251/
- Or for kids desks check out this fun and creative way to add space to walls - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/530791506053127327/
- Recycle old items to make fun, new decorations and or find new uses for them. For instance, this pin shows using light bulbs to make hanging vases - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/530791506053563900/
- Or recycled items make for great kids crafts, like this octopus made from a toilet paper roll - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/530791506054797944/
Many of us have a ‘junk drawer’ in our kitchens or other room in our house. These often end up just a mess & clutter of old mail, pens, and really anything else that doesn’t have a place or gets thrown in there in a rush. Put the ‘junk drawer’ to better use by organizing it with sections or containers for mail, pens, loose items, etc. and make sure to clean it out regularly.
The final piece of advice is keep your purse organized. Clean it out every weekend or so as many moms throw all kinds of important things in there and it ends up very cluttered. So make sure to clean out those receipts, make up and anything else that gets thrown in there regularly.
Need more examples & ideas for getting organized? Check out this page that lists 50 different ways to get organized http://www.thebudgetdecorator.com/50-ideas-to-organize-your-home/ or follow me on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/suzyq1703/.