Sick of skating solo?
Join a group skate in the Twin Cities and connect with other inline skaters near you.
While it can be great practice to train by yourself (you set your own pace, choose your own venue, time, distance, etc. according to your personal fitness goals), there are many benefits to group skating as well, including:
- An opportunity to learn from more advanced inline skaters
- A chance to explore different trails
- A great way to practice group pacing and forming pace lines
Not sure where to find a group?
Here are two good places to look for a group skate that fits your schedule:
- On the inlineskatempls.com website under the "group skate" tab. Find organized group skate dates, times, locations and directions. Popular trails include the Gateway Trail and Minneapolis Greenway.
- On the Inline Planet Skater Network. This social networking site for inline skaters has over 1,700 members and is a great way to coordinate skating events with people near you.
Or, you can always call a couple friends and invite them to skate with you. Even if they don't own inline skates, they can rent them from local businesses like Hot Spot Skateshop, Fobia or Erik's Bike Shop.
Don't forget to practice proper trail etiquette, wear appropriate safety gear and dress for the weather.