Clutter, paper piles, toys, out grown clothes and more! What do we do with them? Ready to get your home in order but do not know where to start? Here are a few organization starters:
- Make a list of everything you would like to see organized through your entire house.
Rubber-maid bins are essential when organizing your home. Purchase 5-10 bins of different shapes and sizes.
- Go through all drawers and closets with two trash bags (one to throw away and one for donation)
Go through your shoes, your children's shoes, and try to keep only 3 pairs of shoes for each member of the household. Donate all other pairs of shoes away.
- Go through your kitchen utensils and donate any utensils that are duplicates.
Create a recycling box for paper, plastic, and glass jars.
- Go through your makeup & medicine and throw away expired items, or items you do not use anymore.
Go through your garage and look for items that are broken or no longer in use. Throw away the broken items and place the outdated items on Craigslist.
- Purchase a filing cabinet to file away important items.
Label a large rubber-maid storage bin for each child and place out of season clothes into the storage bins and place in closet or garage.
- Have each child choose two toys they would like to give away to children who are less fortunate and have your children donate the toys.
Place a large open bin in your closet. Put clothes that family members outgrow in this bin as you go through the year. When bin is full donate it.
- Buy hooks for each child's backpack/ coat and place them in a laundry room or hallway closet.