Fall is a great time to get back into the swing of making delicious home made soups. Not only do we start to crave warmer fare in the fall and winter months, but the fresh produce in Colorado makes it easy to incorporate local ingredients to make amazingly healthy and flavorful soups.
Make a big batch of this soup and eat it throughout the week.
- 2-3 organic zucchini, cut in small spears
- 1 ½ cup organic lentils (any variety), sorted and cleaned
- 1 bunch organic kale, stems removed and cut into 1.5 inch strips
- ½ organic onion (yellow or white), diced
- 4 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth, plus water for consistency you like
- 1 Tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 tsp. herb infused olive oil
In large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and dash of salt and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and kale, cook just until kale is wilted 3-4 minutes. Remove vegetables from pot and set aside. Add broth and bring to a boil, add lentils and cook according to package directions adding additional water if necessary. When lentils are cooked through, return vegetables to broth and finish with infused olive oil. Taste for salt & pepper and serve.