The fresh taste of orange plus the blend of a surprising spring herb make this cupcake a perfect ending to any meal. The savory flavor of rosemary is an unexpected addition to this perfect cupcake. Happy Spring!
Orange Cupcakes with a Hint of Rosemary
- 1 package (15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Add orange zest and rosemary into batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tins lined with cupcake liners. Bake according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter on high setting until smooth.
- Beat in orange juice and orange zest on low setting.
- Gradually add in confectioners' sugar.
- Beat in heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until smooth and spreadable.
- Frost cooled cupcakes. Garnish with orange zest strips and rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Makes 18 cupcakes