Smoothies are a healthy alternative to an otherwise not-so-good for you snack. They provide an added nutrient boost during the morning or afternoon snack. Using a variety of ingredients, you can pack a smoothie with a multitude of nutrients.
1 small orange
1 individual size vanilla yogurt
2 handfuls blueberries
1 small banana
- Place banana chunks and orange sections in a blender.
- Add bluberries and yogurt.
- Pour 1/2 cup a water or more into the blender.
- Pulse until mixed.
- Grow the berries to save money, and use coupons when purchasing yogurt.
- Serve this smoothie with a breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a comment here.