For years, Oprah Winfrey struggled with her weight. She went on every diet, dishing on her latest fad from liquid protein power to vegan vigor. But none of them seemed to last. Then, in 2012, Oprah lost 25 pounds in six weeks - and now, a year later, it's clear that she's finally achieved weight loss success that lasts.
A low calorie diet did the trick, according to the Huffington Post, National Enquirer and Radar Online. Her secret weapon: Trainer Bob Greene, author of "The Best Life Diet Cookbook: More than 175 Delicious, Convenient, Family-Friendly Recipes" (click for details).
"The personalized diet Oprah’s been following uses a combination of fruits and vegetables, fish, chicken and lean meat. It’s low in fat and calories but still leaves her feeling full," said the source.
Oprah's intake of fresh fruits and vegetables are turned into tasty meals with help from vegan celebrity chef, Tal Ronnen. He's the author of "The Conscious Cook: Delicious Meatless Recipes That Will Change the Way You Eat" (click for details).
Try one of his recipes using those avocados that Oprah mentioned below.
Portobello Fillets Ingredients:
- * 7 portobello mushrooms , cleaned
- * Extra-virgin olive oil to cover
- * 12 garlic cloves
- * 1 1/2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- * 1 Tbsp. paprika
- * 2 Tbsp. Celtic sea salt
- * 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- * 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- * 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- * 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- * 1 Tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- * 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- * 2 ripe avocados , peeled and pitted
- * 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (try Vegenaise)
- * Juice of 2 limes
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the Portobello Fillets: Place the mushrooms in a hotel pan or large metal roasting pan. Cover with olive oil and add the garlic cloves.
- Poach in the oven at 170° for 3 hours. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a dish to make the Cajun rub.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven. Remove from the oil and pat dry. Slice on a bias into 1/4-inch fillets. Rub the Cajun rub into the fillets and grill until heated through.
- To make the Avocado Cream: Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- To assemble: Garnish the Portobello Fillets with the Avocado Cream and serve.
Get more vegan recipes from Tal by clicking here for "The Conscious Cook: Delicious Meatless Recipes That Will Change the Way You Eat."