KIND Healthy Snacks and Sprout, the first 24 hour preschool network, will host the family friendly events as part of its Kindness Counts initiative not only in Houston but across the country. Preschoolers and caregivers are invited to attend and discover new ways to incorporate kindness into their daily routines. Families can also visit www.operationkindkids.com for activities designed to encourage kindness at home and in the community.
Admittance will be free with the cost of museum admission, and also includes the new exhibition, Zoom Into Nano. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with activities geared toward parents and children, ages 2-6, though all are welcome. Admission is $8 for adults and $6 for children.
The special event, aimed at teaching kids the importance of being kind, will feature a variety of activity stations, including:
• Get creative: Kids will have the chance to express what kindness means to them and share their vision as part of a collage wall.
• A kind act a day: Attendees will take home a calendar to track daily kind acts
• Pay it forward: Nothing brightens someone’s day quite like a flower, which is why kids will be invited to pick a flower and share it with someone in their life.
• Strike a pose: The whole family will have the chance to capture their experience in front of a fun photo backdrop
• Snack better: KIND Healthy Grains bars will be on hand for parents and their little ones to enjoy
The Health Museum is located at 1515 Hermann Drive in Houston. For more information, go to www.mhms.org.