Just in time for Valentine’s Day, OpenTable has revealed the “Top 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America” for 2014. So, if you have a partner, but are not quite sure how to start the evening out on a romantic note, OpenTable has you covered.
The 2014 list spans 32 states, with California and Florida claiming the largest number of romantic dining options. The awards are based on the opinions of more than 5 million restaurant reviews submitted by verified OpenTable diners in all 50 states and D.C.
If you’d like to see the entire list, and possibly make a reservation for a day that is fast approaching, head over to OpenTable. I’m already scanning the list for places to visit, and have broken down the list into California restaurants that made the cut.
2014 Diners’ Choice Award winners for the Top 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America: California
- Acquerello – San Francisco, California
- The Cellar – Fullerton, California
- Chez TJ – Mountain View, California
- Erna’s Elderberry House – Oakhurst, California
- Fleur de Lys – San Francisco, California
- Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar – Beverly Hills, California
- Le Vallauris – Palm Springs, California
- The Little Door – Los Angeles, California
- The Melting Pot – National locations (10 different locations in California)
- The Ranch House – Ojai, California
- Shadowbrook Restaurant – Capitola, California
- The Sky Room – Long Beach, California
- Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch – Santa Barbara, California
- Studio at Montage Laguna Beach – Laguna Beach, California
- Yamashiro – Hollywood, California
Confession time: I’ve frequently driven by Il Cielo and wondered about it, but have never been inside. It might be time to grab that someone special and try it out. I’ve also been very curious about The Little Door because I enjoy patio dining whenever possible, and I’ve heard great things about the food. It’s pretty obvious I have some dining to do!
Are you single and starting to lament lists like these? Fear not. While places like The Melting Pot can definitely be romantic, I have always thought of fondue as a great excuse to call up friends and indulge. There’s something about it that seems fun and relaxed to me. Some of my best Valentine’s Days have been spent with friends, and this list may just give you some ideas even if you are rocking the single status right now.