Its that time of year again when school begins and football on every level, youth, high school, college and pro, is played nationwide. The national pasttime of the United States is football and starting tonight, especially in South Florida, teams have begun play. It starts a great opening few days of High school football culminating on Friday. Earlier this afternoon, North Miami Beach who missed out on the playoffs last season played Miami Springs. The following games for tomorrow are:
- Norland vs Flanagan (Pembroke Pines, FL) at 7 p.m.
The games for Friday, August 22nd are:
- Palm Beach Central vs. Miami Northwestern, TBA
- North Miami at Braddock at 3:30 p.m.
- Miami Columbus at Monarch H.S. (Coconut Creek, FL) at 7 p.m.
- Miami Coral Park at Gulfcoast H.S. (Naples, FL) at 7 p.m.
- Dr. Krop H.S. at Hialeah-Miami Lakes at 7 p.m.
- Miami High vs. Edison High at 7:30 p.m., at Curtis Park Stadium
- Miami Ferguson vs. Homestead H.S. at 7:30 p.m.
For those who are able to pull a doubleheader, the North Miami-Braddock game at 3:30 and the Ferguson-Homestead game at 7:30 looks like the best plan. Columbus, Norland, Northwestern and Coral Park are going to get tested early on the road which is a true test of team cohesion where circumstances and environment are different then the friendly comforts of home. All of these teams will be chasing Coral Gables and South Dade who were the last two teams from Miami-Dade in the Class 8A State semifinal. South Dade then went on to surprise everyone (except themselves and their fans) by taking the 8A Championship.