Easter is a time for contemplation, fresh spring air and a time to relax on the Good Friday official public holiday. Getaways outside of Toronto provides the clean country air with a new perspective on the change of the seasons. Travelers heading north in Ontario are encouraged to stop in Barrie and support National Service Dogs on Good Friday. According to Lindsay Havlin, Communications Manager, National Service Dogs, "We expect 150-to 250 registrations in Barrie and hope to raise over $100,000 including several additional venues." Additional Ontario and Alberta locations are hosting the same event.
- Good Friday is for dogs! Head north on Highway 400 on Good Friday with your favourite canine to hunt for Easter eggs at the annual Barrie Easter egg hunt for dogs. Head to Sunnidale Park in support of National Service Dogs They are committed to enriching the quality of life and enhancing the independence of children and individuals living with autism and special needs by providing them with specially trained Labrador and Golden Retrievers. Stay in Barrie area hotels and resorts and enjoy the Barrie waterfront
Four Additional Easter Getaways
- Pine Vista Resort in the Kawartha Lakes offers 2 nights accommodation in cottage or resort townhouse with full kitchen,, satellite TV, deck with BBQ and many with a/c and whirlpool bath. Special gift basket will be a surprise. See Pine Vista Resort package details.
- Easter Brunch will be served up at several locations including Crannberry Resort in Collingwood, Brunch during Easter weekend takes place during Ontario's maple syrup season and guarantees special maple syrup treats. Consider participating in the Blue Mountain Village Easter Egg Hunt only a short drive away.
- Easter for kids with an overnight stay at Nottawasaga Inn Resort near Alliston. There is a full line-up of kid-centric activities including indoor mini-golf, arcade, indoor pool and water-slide, and more.
- For romantics consider a stay at The Tulip Inn in Muskoka. Nestled in 11 acres of woodland on the Big East River, adjacent to Arrowhead Provincial Park, the inn offer a charming blend of modern convenience and country hospitality in a welcoming, natural setting. Tulip Inn provides quiet and comfortable rooms and a cottage. With wilderness trails, a private sandy riverside beach, it's easy to make the most of Easter vacation time.
Spring getaways and vacations are available in a number of Ontario Resort destinations. For kids related activities look at 411Ontario Kids for spring events and festivals. Sports enthusiasts can select from a number of outdoor spring Ontario getaways including hiking, canoeing, cycling, fishing and old fashioned romance.