JACKSONVILLE, Fla., April 13, 2014 -- The One Spark 2014 closing ceremony, presented by Baptist Health and emceed by Al Emerick, celebrated the top finishing creator projects in art, innovation, music, science and technology at the world’s crowdfunding festival. More than 600 creator projects competed for funding and investment opportunities at One Spark 2014 and over a quarter of a million attendees came out to support the creators.
One Spark handed out five juried awards, one in each category - art, innovation, music, science and technology. Each winning project received a $10,000 check plus one free plane ticket to Berlin and guaranteed entry into One Spark Berlin. The juried awards winners are:
Art - #Project Atrium
Innovation - The Meatrix System Meat Analyzer
Music - Sidereal 2014 Takeover
Science - Neuroinitiative - Inside the Neuron!
Technology - Partpic: Visual Recognition for Replacement Parts
There were 120,923 votes cast by attendees at One Spark 2014, and the top-voted winners in each category, art, innovation, music, science and technology, also received additional awards of $10,000. The three top-voted creator projects in each category with crowdfunding and award totals are:
1. Theatre On A Mission - $11,930.15 -1,167 votes
2. Boneshakered Bigwheel - $1,852.42 - 1,120 votes
3. #Project Atrium - $1,766.41 - 1,068 votes
1. The Snyder Memorial Building Renovation - $13,772.65 - 2,281 votes
2. Farm to Truck - $2,337.02 - 1,413 votes
3. Fur-Ever Home Fund - $2,184.86 - 1,321 votes
1. Grandpa’s Cough Medicine - $11,309.92 - 792 votes
2. Cyrious Exposure - $714.50 - 432 votes
3. A New Sound for the First Coast! - $640.08 - 387 votes
1. AquaJax - $13,794.15 - 2,294 votes
2. Down to Earth Farm - $1,172.65 - 709 votes
3. St. Augustine Aquarium - $1,467.05 - 887 votes
1. Earthguy.com - $11,149.49 - 695 votes
2. WaZINIT - $980.79 - 593 votes
3. LiveSMART and Green Spark Mobile - $868.32 - 525 votes
The creator project that received the most individual contributions through the One Spark platform also received a $10,000 award. Project 50,000+ Users in One Month received that award for a total of $21,250.
In addition to the $310,000 in guaranteed crowdfunds and cash awards, there was $53,739 contributed to creator projects, representing a greater than 580% increase in contribution to creator projects from attendees compared to 2013’s festival.
All of the results are subject to a full audit, and are not yet considered final. The audit will take approximately two to four weeks.
One Spark Co-Founder Elton Rivas also announced the dates of One Spark Berlin, September 12 - 15, 2014 and kicked off the event’s crowdfunding campaign. More info is available at OneSpark.Berlin.
Meredith O'Malley Johnson
PUBLIC RELATIONS & VOLUNTEER SERVICES MANAGER