Paul McCartney became Sir Paul in 1997. (Photo
by Ruth Ward. Courtesy MPL Communications Ltd.)
On March 11, 1961, the Beatles were part of a 12-group, 12-hour marathon gig at Liverpool's Aintree Institute and Liverpool Jazz Society.
In 1964, filming for "A Hard Day's Night" took place at Twickenham Film Studios. The card game scene that featured "I Should Have Known Better" was worked on.
In 1967, the Beatles are awarded Grammy awards for 1966: Song of the Year ("Michelle"), Best Solo Vocal Performance (Paul McCartney for "Eleanor Rigby") and Best Album Cover (Klaus Voorman for "Revolver").
In 1970, an interview with George Harrison was taped in a BBC studio for broadcast in a show to be called "The Beatles Today." It was aired at the end of the month.
In 1997, Paul McCartney traveled to Buckingham Palace to be knighted by the queen. This CNN report says just as in the days of Beatlemania, crowds screamed as he arrived.
- Beatle news briefs: Reponse to McCartney Ticketmaster sale problems issued; W-A-Beatle-C
- Paul McCartney sells out Vegas concert ... in seven seconds!
- Beatles news briefs: Lynch tix sold out; taking stock in the Beatles
- Former All-Starr Band member wins country music reality series
- LIVE UPDATE 1, Day 2: McCartney Lynch Foundation ticket sale - remaining tickets just about gone
- Beatle news briefs: McCartney tickets took a little bit of luck
- LIVE UPDATE IV: McCartney Lynch Foundation ticket pre-sale -- Lynch Foundation responds (EXCLUSIVE)
- An amateur's guide to 'The Beatles: Rock Band' (and is 'Rock Band' the right move for the Beatles?)
- Beatles Rock Band video game to hit the streets Sept. 9
- Beatle news briefs: Beatle reunion talk starts; Paul at Abbey Road?
- More rare Beatles photos by Bob Bonis, part III
- More rare Beatles photos by Bob Bonis
- Beatle news briefs; More 'Revolution' thoughts
- Beatle news briefs: more about 'Revolution'; rare Cavern footage?
- Imagine: New John Lennon line features 'green' products for babies
- Beatle news briefs: Deluxe Fireman update; inside the Apple boutique
- The five best decisions the Beatles ever made -- want to guess?
- Beatle news briefs: Is 'Revolution' take a fake?; rare Beatles photos to inaugurate gallery
- Beatle news briefs: EMI pulls the plug on 'Revolution'
- Happy birthday, George Harrison
- You say you want a revolution? New Beatles outtake spurs discussion, analysis on the 'net (Updated)
- Carnival of De-Light?: Beatle authors, DJs and journalists weigh in on track's possible release
- Meeting Paul McCartney at the Beacon Theatre -- a first-person account in words and pictures
- John, Paul, Vince and Ringo: A special Ed Sullivan moment
- Goldmine magazine compiles 10 years of Beatle issues on CD-ROM
- EXCLUSIVE: A magical mystery tour to the site of the Beatles rooftop concert 40 years later
- Jan. 30, 1969: The day the Beatles went up on the roof (with memories from someone who was there)