Here's what's happening around the Metroplex during the week of January 14:
With Adam Avery in town and the area's 10th brewery opening its doors, it's just another ho-hum week in the Dallas Brew Scene.
Your first chance to meet the owner of the Avery Brewing Company comes Tuesday night during the Avery Beer Dinner at the Common Table. The evening's menu (see TCT's Facebook page) features seven courses paired with brews like Salvation, The Reverend, The Maharaja, Out of Bounds Stout and more (eight beers total, to be exact). Then on Wednesday, catch Avery at Goodfriend's Dictator's Unite event, where they'll be tapping The Kaiser, The Czar and The Maharaja simultaneously with pubs in California and Colorado.
The remainder of the week will be a celebration of the latest brewery to open in Dallas, the Community Beer Company. Pre-Launch Week will feature happenings at four venues over five days, affording you ample opportunity to be among the first to try the area's newest brand of beer. Here's the lineup:
- Wednesday, 5 p.m. at Meddlesome Moth - Special tapping of Public Ale.
- Thursday, 5 p.m. at The Common Table - Special tapping of Community Pale Ale.
- Friday, 5 p.m. at Craft & Growler - Special tapping of Community Lager.
- Saturday/Sunday, 2 p.m. at Community Beer Company - Grand Opening tours.
Note that the Saturday tour is sold out, but tickets are still available for Sunday on Eventbrite.
Monday, January 14
- Union Bear, Dallas - 5 p.m. - Mashed-Up Mondays featuring new in-house brews on tap (subject to availability), open to the public brew days (most weeks) and Keep the Glass Night (selections vary)*.
- The Ginger Man, Plano - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring a selection from the Duvel Collection*.
- The Common Table, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pour Man's Beer Dinner featuring a flight of four beers paired with four courses for just $29 (check out the menu here).
- Oak St. Drafthouse, Denton - 7 p.m. - Tap Takeover featuring Real Ale*. Scheduled to be tapped: Coffee Porter, 4 Squared, Scots Gone Wild, Imperium, Brewers' Cut Dry-Hopped Porter.
Tuesday, January 15
- Londoner, Frisco - 5 p.m. - Pint Night. Selections vary*.
- Flying Saucer on the Lake, Garland - 5 p.m. - Tap Night featuring Leinenkugel's Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout.
- The Ginger Man, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring a selection from the Duvel Collection*.
- The Ginger Man, Ft. Worth - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Boulevard Tank 7*.
- White Rock Abbey, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Cedar Creek*.
- The Common Table, Dallas - 7 p.m. - Avery Beer Dinner ($80pp, email email@example.com to reserve).
- Johnny's Icehouse, Frisco - 7:30 p.m. - Beer Club featuring a beer and food pairing with Rahr and Sons ($25pp, call 214-619-1112 to reserve)*.
- Lucky Lou's, Denton - 9 p.m. - Pint Night. Selections vary*.
- World of Beer, Arlington - Brewery Spotlight featuring Squatters/Wasatch.
- World of Beer, SMU - Brewery Night featuring Lakewood. Scheduled to be tapped: Temptress Nitro, Lager, Rock Ryder, Hop Trapp and Punkel.
Wednesday, January 16
- Kegs & Barrels, Plano - 5 p.m. - Weekly Tasting. Selections vary.
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Co., Ft. Worth - 5 p.m. - Weekly tour and tasting ($10pp).
- Meddlesome Moth, Dallas - 5 p.m. - Rare tapping of a 2011 vintage of Mikkeler/BrewDog Devine Rebel.
- Ginger Man, Southlake - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Boulevard Tank 7*.
- Rugby House, Plano - 6 p.m. - Glassware Night*. Selections vary.
- The Bottle Shop, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pint Night*. Selections vary.
- Flying Saucer, Addison - 7 p.m. - Brewery Night featuring Rodenbach*.
- Flying Saucer on the Lake, Garland - 7 p.m. - Brewery Night featuring No Label*.
- Flying Saucer, Ft. Worth - 7 p.m. - Brewery Night featuring Samuel Smith Taddy Porter*.
- The Grape, Dallas - 7 p.m. - Lakewood Beer Dinner ($55pp, currently sold out but call 214-828-1981 to check for cancellations).
- Goodfriend, Dallas - 8 p.m. - Dictator's Unite featuring a special tapping of Avery's Dictator Series (The Kaiser, The Czar and The Maharaja).
Thursday, January 17
- Flying Saucer, Addison - 5 p.m. - Tap Night featuring Sierra Nevada Narwhal.
- Deep Ellum Brewing Co., Dallas - 6 p.m. - Weekly tour and tasting ($10pp).
- PhD, Dallas - 5 p.m. - Meet the brewer featuring Four Corners*.
- The Libertine Bar, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Hoegaarden*.
- Total Wine, Ft. Worth - 6:30 p.m. - Tap These! Beer Class ($15pp, visit store to reserve).
- Zio Carlo, Ft. Worth - 7 p.m. - Glass Night. Selections vary.
Friday, January 18
- World of Beer, Arlington - 12 p.m. - Ommegang Beer Lunch featuring food from Zio's Italian Kitchen ($35pp, call 817-471-1101 to reserve).
- Flying Saucer, Ft. Worth - 4 p.m. - Tap Night. Selections vary .
- Lonestar Beverages, Carrollton - 5 p.m. - Weekly tasting. Selections vary.
- The Bottle Shop, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Firkin Friday featuring Rahr Iron Joe.
- World of Beer, Arlington - Firkin Friday featuring Rahr Iron Joe.
- Oak St. Drafthouse, Denton - 7 p.m. - Firkin Friday. Selections vary.
Saturday, January 19
- Weekly brewery tours (each admission includes a logo glass)
- Franconia Brewing Co., McKinney - 11 a.m. - $5pp (glass optional for additional $5).
- FireWheel Brewing Co., Rowlett - 11 a.m. - $10pp for three 8 oz samples.
- Lakewood Brewing Co., Garland - 12 p.m. - $10pp for four beer samples.
- Deep Ellum Brewing Co., Dallas - 12 p.m. - $10pp for four beer samples.
- Cedar Creek Brewery, Seven Points - 12 p.m. - $7pp for three beer samples.
- Revolver Brewing Co., Granbury - 12 p.m. - $7pp for beer samples.
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Co., Ft. Worth - 1 p.m. - $10pp for three beer samples.
- Total Wine, Dallas - 3 p.m. - Tap These! Beer Class ($15pp, visit store to reserve).
Sunday, January 20
- Flying Saucer on the Lake, Garland - 5 p.m. - Special tapping of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA.
- Widmer Brrrbon Vertical Tasting at World of Beer Arlington, January 21.
- Harpoon Beer Dinner at Park Tavern, January 22.
- Lakewood Tap Takeover at Londoner Frisco, January 25.
- Abita Beer Dinner at Whole Foods Park Lane, January 25.
- MOA Brewery Spotlight at World of Beer SMU, January 29
- Four Corners Brewery Night at World of Beer Arlington, January 29.
- FireWheel Special #1 Brown Ale Launch Party at Flying Saucer Addison, January 30.
- Saint Arnold Beer Dinner at Libertine, January 30.
- Franconia Beer Dinner at Rockfish McKinney, January 31.
- DFW Beer Tasting at Henry's Tavern, January 31.
- FireWheel Special #1 Brown Ale Launch Party at Brix Bar & Grill, January 31.
- Dog Days of Winter at Holy Grail Pub, February 5.
- Sierra Nevada Beer Dinner at Flying Saucer on the Lake, February 7.
- Valentine's Beer and Chocolate tasting at area Ginger Man locations, February 9.
- Fund the Brew Tour at 903 Brewers, February 9.
- FireWheel Photon Blonde launch at White Rock Abbey and Jack Mac's Swill & Grill, February 12.
- Valentine's Beer/Wine Pairing Dinner at Gin Mill, February 14.
- Valentine's Beer Dinner at Holy Grail Pub, February 14.
- Suds and Smoke at Deep Ellum Brewing Company, February 25.
- Big Texas Beer Fest at Fair Park, April 6.
Examiner pick of the week
Community Beer Company Pre-Launch Week