Here's what's happening around the Metroplex during the week of February 25:
Just over a month ago we heard the news that Armadillo Ale Works would be forming a partnership with the Deep Ellum Brewing Company. Now, it's time to taste the first beer to come out of that relationship. Quakertown Stout will be tapped at Oak St. Drafthouse on Friday, March 1 at 5 p.m. Enjoy a pint, pick up some free glassware and raise a toast to the debut of DFW's newest craft beer brand.
Leading up to that, start the week off at Deep Ellum for their Suds and Smoke suaré, which will be occurring opposite the Jester King Beer Dinner tonight at the Moth. In fact, if culinary affairs are your thing, beer dinners dot the calendar through Thursday at area establishments. These include an evening with Oskar Blues on Tuesday at Park Tavern, the Libertine's Vegan Beer Dinner on Wednesday, and Eno's Franconia event on Thursday.
Of course, you could just spend the week at the Holy Grail Pub. They'll be celebrating Texas Independence Week with nightly tappings of rare Texas brews, and their ever-popular Smoke Out going on throughout the weekend. Tapping schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday at 6 p.m. - Dry-hopped (512) IPA*.
- Wednesday at 6 p.m. - Live Oak Primus
- Thursday at 6 p.m. - Peticolas Great Scot! cask-conditioned with vanilla beans*.
- Friday at 6 p.m. - Real Ale Mysterium Verum Morgul*.
- Saturday at 12 p.m. - Lakewood Bourbon Barrel Temptress*.
Monday, February 25
- The Ginger Man, Plano - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Young's Double Chocolate Stout*.
- The Common Table, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pour Man's Beer Dinner featuring a flight of four beers paired with four courses for just $29 (check out the menu here).
- Meddlesome Moth, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Jester King Beer Dinner ($75pp or $65pp for Delirium Guild members, call 214-628-7900 to reserve).
- Deep Ellum Brewing Co., Dallas - 6 p.m. - Suds and Smoke ($65pp or $50 for members of Foodways Texas, buy tickets here).
Tuesday, February 26
- The Common Table, Dallas - 5 p.m. - Brewsday Tuesday featuring Brooklyn Brewery. Scheduled to be tapped: Black Chocolate Stout, Monster Ale, Brooklyn Lager and Blast!
- Londoner, Frisco - 5 p.m. - Pint Night*. Selections vary.
- Flying Saucer on the Lake, Garland - 5 p.m. - Tap Night featuring Boulevard Grainstorm.
- Flying Saucer, Addison - 5 p.m. - Brew Fusion Tuesday featuring Peticolas Velvet Hammer randallized with Simcoe hops.
- The Ginger Man, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Boulevard Irish Ale*.
- The Ginger Man, Ft. Worth - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale*.
- White Rock Abbey, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Four Corners*.
- Park Tavern, Dallas - 7 p.m. - Oskar Blues Beer Dinner ($50pp, call 214-446-0710 to reserve).
- Johnny's Icehouse, Frisco - 7:30 p.m. - Beer Club featuring beer and food pairings ($25pp, call 214-619-1112 to reserve)*.
- Lucky Lou's, Denton - 9 p.m. - Pint Night*. Selections vary.
- World of Beer, Arlington - Brewery Night featuring Rogness. Scheduled to be tapped: Ost Porter, Rattler, Rogtoberfest and Tenebrous.
- World of Beer, SMU - Brewery Night featuring Breckenridge. Scheduled to be tapped: Pandora Bock, 471 IPA, Agave Wheat, Vanilla Porter, 71 Imperial Chocolate Stout and ESB.
Wednesday, February 27
- Kegs & Barrels, Plano - 5 p.m. - Weekly Tasting. Selections vary.
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Co., Ft. Worth - 5 p.m. - Weekly tour and tasting ($10pp).
- Meddlesome Moth, Dallas - 5 p.m. - Rare tapping of Scotch Silly.
- Ginger Man, Southlake - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale*.
- Craft and Growler, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Keep the Glass Night featuring Rahr Snowmageddon*.
- Rugby House, Plano - 6 p.m. - Glassware Night*. Selections vary.
- The Bottle Shop, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Delirium Tremens*.
- Jack Mac's Swill & Grill - 6 p.m. - Deep Ellum Tap Takeover featuring 10 DEBC beers on at once.
- Flying Saucer, Addison - 7 p.m. - Brewery Night featuring Oskar Blues*.
- Flying Saucer on the Lake, Garland - 7 p.m. - Brewery Night featuring Deep Ellum Dreamcrusher Double Rye IPA*.
- Flying Saucer, Ft. Worth - 7 p.m. - Brewery Night featuring Real Ale Devil's Backbone*.
- The Libertine Bar, Dallas - 7 p.m. - Vegan Beer Dinner ($50pp, call 214-824-7900 to reserve).
Thursday, February 28
- Four Corners Brewing Co., 4/6/8 p.m. - Small Tour Thursdays ($10pp, click here to purchase tickets).
- Flying Saucer, Addison - 5 p.m. - Tap Night featuring Ommegang Duvel Rustica.
- Deep Ellum Brewing Co., Dallas - 6 p.m. - Weekly tour and tasting ($10pp).
- The Libertine Bar, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Pint Night featuring Brooklyn Brewery*.
- Eno's Pizza Tavern, Dallas - 6:30 p.m. - Franconia Beer Dinner ($39pp, buy tickets here).
- Zio Carlo, Ft. Worth - 7 p.m. - Glass Night. Selections vary*.
- The Bottle Shop, Dallas - Avery Cans and Killers featuring vintage Demon flights and canned brews.
Friday, March 1
- Flying Saucer, Ft. Worth - 4 p.m. - Tap Night featuring Rahr Snowmacocoageddon.
- Lonestar Beverages, Carrollton - 5 p.m. - Weekly tasting. Selections vary.
- Oak St. Drafthouse, Denton - 5 p.m. - Armadillo Ale Works Launch Party featuring the release of Quakertown Stout.
- The Bottle Shop, Dallas - 6 p.m. - Firkin Friday. Selections vary.
Saturday, February 30
- Weekly brewery tours (each admission includes a logo glass)
- Franconia Brewing Co., McKinney - 11 a.m. - $5pp (glass optional for additional $5).
- FireWheel Brewing Co., Rowlett - 11 a.m. - $10pp for three 8 oz samples.
- Lakewood Brewing Co., Garland - 12 p.m. - $10pp for four beer samples.
- Deep Ellum Brewing Co., Dallas - 12 p.m. - $10pp for four beer samples.
- Cedar Creek Brewery, Seven Points - 12 p.m. - $7pp for three beer samples.
- Revolver Brewing Co., Granbury - 12 p.m. - $7pp for beer samples.
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Co., Ft. Worth - 1 p.m. - $10pp for three beer samples.
- Peticolas Brewing Co., Dallas - 1 p.m. - $10pp for three beer samples.
- Community Beer Co., Dallas - 2 p.m. - $10pp for three beer samples.
- First Anniversary Party at Oak St. Drafthouse, March 5.
- Beer College: Beer Styles and Glassware at Bottle Shop, March 6 and 20.
- Franconia Double IPA Launch at Capitol Pub, March 7.
- Community Beer Company Spotlight at World of Beer Arlington, March 9.
- Great Divide Brewery Spotlight at World of Beer Arlington, March 12.
- Dogfish Head Brewery Spotlight at World of Beer, SMU, March 12.
- Texas Cheese and Beer at Scardello Artisan Cheese, March 14.
- Malt Madness beer class at Addison Flying Saucer, March 21.
- March Brewery Tour on the Dallas Brew Bus, March 23.
- Great Divide Beer Dinner at Addison Flying Saucer, March 28.
- Beer College: American Craft Beers at Bottle Shop, April 3 and 17.
- Big Texas Beer Fest at Fair Park, April 6.
- Week of Wood at Meddlesome Moth, April 8-14.
- Avery Tap Takeover at Flying Saucer on the Lake, April 10.
- Fort Worth Untapped at Panther Island Pavilion, April 20.
- Dogfistival III at Common Table, May 4.
- North Texas Beer Festival at Irving Convention Center, May 11.
- Brew Riot in the Bishop Arts District, May 19.
- BeerFeast at Flying Saucer on the Lake, June 1.
Examiner picks of the week
Armadillo Ale Works Launch party at Oak St. Drafthouse and Texas Independence Week at the Grail.