So it’s possible to create more exposure to your site by understanding that there are 2 kinds of SEO, On-Site SEO and Off-Site SEO. You need to make sure that On-Site SEO is optimized appropriately because it’s part of the web design and architecture that go into making your website. It’s important that your web design company or SEO company is addressing search engine optimization properly.
If you take a look at Search Engine Land they have a great SEO periodic table for the factors that essentially compose both kinds of SEO.
Below we'll go into On-Site SEO with a short list of what factors to pay mind to when optimizing your web design with your online marketing company.
- Quality-Make sure your pages are well written.
- Analysis-Research keywords that people would use to find your content.
- Keywords-Look into words and phrases that people might look for related to your content. Make sure the content on your site is 500 words or more.
- Engagement-Make sure your content keeps people on your site or accomplishes its goal.
- Fresh-Continuously update and make sure that your content is fresh.
- Thin-Look at your articles and pages and avoid shallow content.
- Ads-Stay true to your content and your consumer needs and don't overload them with ads.
- Titles-Have titles that tell the search engines and user what the pages are about.
- Description-Make sure that you have a description for each page, to capitalize on search.
- Headers-Try to have tags with relevant keywords on the headers for each page.
- Structure-Navigation is important so make sure that there is a keyword breadcrumb navigation for keywords.
- Stuffing-It's ok to stuff/optimize some keywords on your webpage but keep it below 5%.
- Hidden-Make sure that design doesn't impede content from being visible.
- Crawl- Have an easy to crawl page for the search engine to easily find relevant content. (Website Navigation)
- Duplicate-Make sure that there is not a lot of duplicate content as this can hurt.
- Speed-It’s important that your site load quickly on the different browsers, so make sure your files are compressed and optimized appropriately.
- URLS-Have urls that are relevant to the page its pointing too.
- Mobile-With over 60% of users navigating the internet on their cell phone make sure that you have a site that mobile responsive.
- Cloaking-Make sure that there is no content masking or Black Hat SEO techniques within your web pages.
If you address all of this while creating the web design on your website you are setting yourself up for success.