The Arts Foundation of Cape Cod and the Citizens Bank Foundation present free, weekly outdoor concerts in eight Cape Cod towns this summer: Chatham, Dennis, Eastham, Falmouth, Harwich, Hyannis, Mashpee, and Sandwich. Concerts run in the early evening, and there are no rain dates. Performances include rock 'n' roll, blues, jazz, big band, Celtic, and more. Residents and visitors are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets.
Looking for a concert on a particular night? Here's the schedule by day:
- Mondays in Dennis (7-8:30 p.m. on the town bandstand) and Harwich (6-7:30 at Brooks Park)
- Tuesdays in Hyannis (6-7:30 p.m. at Aselton Park on the harbor)
- Wednesdays in Chatham (6-7:30 p.m. at Kate Gould Park) and Eastham (6:30-8 on Windmill Green)
- Thursdays in Mashpee (6-7:30 p.m. at Mashpee Commons)
- Fridays in Falmouth (6-7:30 p.m. at Peg Noonan Park) and Sandwich (6-7:30 p.m. at Shawme Pond in July and the Henry T. Wing School in August)
Cape Cod's biggest summer music bash, the TD Bank Pops by the Sea, is not free, but if you volunteer to work at the event and complete a training course, you could get two free lawn tickets. Guest conductor Rachael Ray will join Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra on Sunday, August 1, from 5 to 7 p.m, on the Hyannis Village Green.
Volunteers are needed to help set up, monitor parking lots, collect and sell tickets, lead group tours, and more. Complete job descriptions and registration instructions can be found online at www.artsfoundation.org/pops-jobs or by calling the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod at 508-362-0066. All Pops volunteers who go through the required training prior to the event and who complete their volunteer shifts will receive two free lawn tickets to the concert and a commemorative T-shirt.
Even if you don't volunteer, lawn tickets to Pops by the Sea are $15; you're not likely to find a chance to hear the Pops at this price anywhere else!