Omni Hotels and Resorts has been increasing the size of its brand by purchasing some historic properties on the east coast. These include the Omni Grove Park Inn, located in Asheville, NC, The Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, VA, and Omni Amelia Island Plantation in Amelia Island, FL. These purchases have resulted in renovations to all of the hotels in varying degrees. We are probably most excited about the $85 million renovation to Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, given its close proximity to Jacksonville. The renovation to the resort includes 125 new suites/rooms, a ballroom totaling 16,000 square feet, and various other improvements to the pool and dining areas.
As for dining, Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort offers multiple options, which include the following:
- Falcon's Nest: Casual, offering pub-style fare like build-your-own burgers.
- Marche Burette: Casual, French-style cuisine featuring market and deli items and outside dining.
- Marsh View Bar & Grill: Casual, Southern-style food with views of the ninth hole at the Oak Marsh Golf Course.
- Natural Slice: Laid-back, surf-style pizza restaurant.
- Oceanside: Upscale, oceanside fine dining at night and casual dining during the afternoon.
- Seaglass: Lounge environment featuring cocktails and appetizers in an indoor or outdoor setting on the patio.
- Sunrise Cafe: Serves breakfast featuring the Art of Breakfast buffet (a la carte also available). Lunch is also served seasonally.
- Verandah: Newly renovated, Verandah focuses n seafood dishes in a relatively upscale environment.
Now is a great time to visit these great restaurants because Omni is now running a special event called Flavors of the World. As part of the event, Omni is featuring an exclusive package called Taste of Washington. This culinary event features select wines from Washington State along with food pairings, which were inspired by the area. The event continues through May 31, 2014 and is put on in partnership with the Washington State Wine Commission. The package starts at $309 per night and includes a cheese plate with Washington cheeses, a bottle of wine from Washington, and a Washington apple, which are delivered to participating guests in their room when they check-in.
More specifically, Omni hotels will offer ten different Washington State wines that are available in both six and nine ounce glasses. Omni food and beverage specialists traveled to Washington to create the list of food and wine lists. Their travels took them to numerous of the participating vineyards, including Chateau St. Michelle, Hogue Cellars, and Charles Smith Wines. As for food, items like the following will be offered
- Handmade cheeses from Washington with fig jam, honey, and olives
- Dungeness crab fritters
- Dungeness crab and snap pea soup
- Apple and fennel salad
- Roasted salmon with wild mushrooms
- Apple crisp with vanilla ice cream
For more from Jacksonville Fine Dining examiner, follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining