Start marking your calendars with your homeschool family. Enjoy Spring and go out to the Old Salem's Easter Festival. Its a great opportunity to look at how Easter has been observed in the region . You have a chance to let your homeschoolers particpate and learn from this wonderful experience. Look into the Easter egg- hunt. This is a great chance for the little ones to get out and explore Easter . Then go back to Wilkesboro and explore more books about Easter at the Wilkes Public Library. Check out more details at: http://www.oldsalem.org/easter-in-old-salem
Saturday, March 30, 2013
9:30am - 4:30pm
Old Salem Historic District
Easter is one of the most important seasons in the Moravian Church. Join us the Saturday before Easter to learn more about these important traditions, take part in hands-on activities like traditional egg decorating, and more.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt (ticket required for parent and child participation - children under 6 are admitted for FREE)
- Hands-on Easter Egg Painting in the Vierling Barn
- Dyeing eggs with natural materials in the Vierling House Kitchen
- Afternoon vesper served on the Vierling Back Porch 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Easter Maus reading at St. Philips Heritage Center
Activities included with an All-In-One ticket. Purchase a ticket online or at the Visitors Center (900 Old Salem Road). Friends of Old Salem enjoy free admission.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 336-721-73