This old-fashioned pea salad recipe will bring back memories of grandma's house. That Corning Ware Blue Corn Flower dish probably brings back some memories, too, doesn't it? It seems funny to see these come across Facebook as a retro kitchen item of the past.
This pea salad recipe is a creamy, delicious dish, and your family will love it if you can just get them to try one bite. Getting past the idea that they are eating peas will be easy after the first taste.
Most pea salad recipes use frozen peas, but this one is quite simple with just 3 cans of plain green peas. You can boil your own eggs or take a short-cut with Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs. They are such a pleasure to use with no little pieces of eggshell to worry about.
- 3 cans of peas
- Boiled eggs: 5
- Mayonnaise: To taste, but approximately 7 Tablespoons
- Lots of salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 small jar pimientos
- Drain and rinse peas.
- Dice and crumble eggs; Add to the peas.
- Add chopped onion and drained pimientos.
- Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise gradually, being careful not to distress the peas anymore than necessary.
- Top with a little garnish of your choice such as a dash of paprika.