Bonus points were a factor in eight out of ten matches in the championship dual, with the Cowboys winning seven of those, racking up three major decisions, two pins, a technical fall, and a forfeit. Northern Iowa's Joey Lazor earned a major decision for the Panthers at 141 pounds.
To get to the finals, Oklahoma State beat No. 4 seed Kent State, 34-10, while Northern Iowa topped No. 3 seed Wisconsin, 24-15.
In the dual for third place, Kent State got a 33-10 win over the Badgers.
Match Results -- 2013 National Duals Kent State Regional Championship
Oklahoma State 39, Northern Iowa 7
- 125: Edward Klimara (OSU) maj. dec. Ryan Jauch (UNI), 10-2
- 133: Jonathon Morrison (OSU) won by forfeit
- 141: Joey Lazor (UNI) maj. dec. Julian Feikert (OSU), 10-1
- 149: Jordan Oliver (OSU) maj. dec. Bart Reiter (UNI), 13-4
- 157: Alex Dieringer (OSU) pinned David Bonin (UNI), 6:34
- 165: Tyler Caldwell (OSU) maj. dec. Jarrett Jensen (UNI), 15-2
- 174: Chris Perry (OSU) pinned Kyle Lux (UNI), 6:10
- 184: Ryan Loder (UNI) dec. Chris Chionuma (OSU), 6-1
- 197: Blake Rosholt (OSU) tech fall Taylor Kettman (UNI), 19-2
- Hwt: Alan Gelogaev (OSU) maj. dec. Blayne Beale (UNI), 16-6
The college wrestling season is here! Keep up with all the developments in the sport year round... by clicking the "sign up" button at the top of the page -- or click on the Twitter link below -- to make sure you don't miss a single article from College Wrestling Examiner, winner of Amateur Wrestling News' Dellinger Award as wrestling writer of 2011. It's absolutely FREE!