“Does it really matter whether racist LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling is a registered Democrat? Or a Republican?” ask Asawin Suebsaeng and Patrick Caldwell, writing at “Mother Jones?” Although the question is presumably meant to be rhetorical, it obviously does matter, or Suebsaeng and Caldwell wouldn’t be devoting a column to it.
You won’t be surprised either to learn that Sterling is a registered Republican, as the authors claim. I followed their link to the website of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, typed in the house number and ZIP code of the home address I found for “Donald T. Sterling,” entered his birthdate (available at Wikipedia) and sure enough, the following was returned (screen shot here):
Suebsaeng and Caldwell were inspired to investigate Sterling’s part affiliation after L.A. Times columnist Michael Hiltzik tweeted this.
I tweeted to ask Hitzik where he got the year, which is not provided by the country registrar site. I haven’t heard back, but let’s assume the date is accurate. Let’s assume, moreover, that Sterling was the model of humanistic virtue and piety up until the time he switched party affiliation and, in so doing, became a rabid, seething racist.
Given all that, how do Democrats explain away the overtly anti-Semitic and racist two-fer offered up last week by Democratic Illinois governor Pat Quinn, who urged his backers to read an article comparing black Republican voters to Jews who collaborated with the Nazis? Or, since they are now so fixated on Cliven Bundy’s resuscitation of the disparaging label Negro, on the characterization of Barack Obama as “a light-skinned” black with “no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one"? The speaker of those words was Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
I could go on and on in this vein, but ultimately it would be beating a dead donkey. Regardless of their holier-than-thou view of the world and smug self-satisfaction, the Democrats are the party of the Ku Klux Klan and much more that they would feel ashamed of if they ever removed their heads from their nether regions.
- Facebook OKs page calling for death of Cliven Bundy
- For crying out loud: The thought police have come to arrest Donald Sterling
- Cliven Bundy, Donald Sterling, and the left’s elusive quest for ‘purity’
- A big sloppy ‘thank you’ to the MSM for tooting the racism dog-whistle against Bundy
- The New York Times turns tabloid, and why context matters
- Bundy crisis I: Conservatives throw the republic under the bus
- From Cliven Bundy to racism to trashing all conservatives in one facile jump
- Spike Lee gets schooled by relatives, black op-ed writer over dopey rant
- Spike Lee’s foul-mouthed, myopic rant on gentrification
- RFK Jr.’s diary: Revs. Jackson and Sharpton ‘give me the creeps’