So many pet appreciation days and weeks this month! Here is a list of what you will be hearing about this October! This week we will cover the first 4.
- Adopt a dog month
- Adopt a Shelter dog month
- National Animal Safety and Protection Month
- 1st Week of October is Animal Welfare Week and Walk your dog week
Next week stay tuned for more!
You may have already read my “Adopt a Shelter dog and Adopt a dog, Month” article (http://www.azpetprofessionals.com/2013/09/national-adopt-shelter-dog-month.html) and I hope you’ll take me up on heading on down to your nearest Animal Control and find you’re fur-ever dog, but let’s take a look at some other related days this month.
- National Animal Safety and Protection Month. What exactly does this mean? Click here to read more about an organization that is helping animals in all situations, Puppy Mills, Bait dogs, and Disaster Preparedness. http://www.redrover.org/. These Volunteers go out of their way to become trained and educated in many areas so when the call comes in, they are prepared to move quickly. I love that they break down “Where your money goes” so you can see exactly where your contributions are going. Don’t forget to look at their “Faq” page which shows how much went directly to the animals.
- October is also a month to focus on your pet’s weight. It’s perfect weather to start taking your dog outside for a happy walk! Click here to read more about the founder of National Walk your dog week. http://www.walkyourdogweek.com/.
Stay tuned next week as we focus on the remaining recognized October pet days and weeks! Thanks pet friends!