Breast cancer is one of the most serious issues facing the female employees today. It is so important that October has been designated National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Throughout the country special events will take place to call awareness to this killer of women.
Beaumont Health System will host two community health fairs as Oakland County observes National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Attendees of the seventh annual Beaumont Breast Health Fairs can learn about breast cancer prevention, treatment, support, research trials and survivorship programs.
The two fairs will take place from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak on Thursday, Oct. 4 and Beaumont Hospital, Troy on Thursday, Oct. 11. There is no charge to attend.
“This is a great opportunity for women in the community to learn about the many services available through Beaumont Health System. In addition to promoting breast cancer awareness, prevention and survivorship, many other departments related to women’s health will be participating,” says Lorelei DiGuglielmo, program supervisor, Sharing & Caring, a breast cancer support network at Beaumont Health System.
The health fairs will feature information on Beaumont’s:
- Comprehensive Breast Care centers
- Sharing & Caring support and education network
- · Cancer Genetics program
- Integrative Medicine program
- Diet and nutrition services
- Lymphedema prevention services
- Community Health Education
- Ministrelli Women’s Heart Center
- Vein center
The fairs are scheduled for:
Tuesday, Oct. 4, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
- South Tower -Suite 100 Hallway
- 3601 West Thirteen Mile Road - Royal Oak
Thursday, Oct. 11, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Beaumont Hospital, Troy
- 2nd Floor Atrium
- 44201 Dequindre Road - Troy
For more information, call Sharing & Caring at 248-551-8585.