The search for Ted’s future wife continues in CBS’ legend - wait for it - dary television sitcom How I Met Your Mother: The Complete Season 8. As the story of how Ted fell in love continues, Marshall and Lily welcome the arrival of baby Marvin -- who reminds them of things they need like sleep, better jobs and sex. Meanwhile, Barney uses his playbook to win over Robin and take their relationship down the aisle. But before he can do that, he needs to get permission from her scary dad. As Marshall tries to right a wrong in court in hopes of becoming a judge, Robin’s past resurfaces when Barney uncovers the lost episode of Robin’s “Underneath the Tunes” as Robin Sparkles. And while designing an amazing building, Ted ends up dating several girls, including a crazy stalker and Barney’s half-sister. Will one of them be “the one”?
Special features include deleted scenes, commentary, a gag reel, “P.S. I Love You” music video, the making of “P.S. I Love You” and set tour with actor Josh Radnor.
How I Met Your Mother: Season 9, the final season, premiered on CBS on Monday, September 23, 2013 at 8/7c.
- “Farhampton” - Robin's anxiety on her wedding day to Barney prompts Ted to recount the time he insisted on leaving Victoria's jilted fiancé a note before they drove off into the sunset together.
- “The Pre-Nup” - When Barney designs an extensive pre-nup, the guys take note and propose their own relationship amendments to their significant others. Meanwhile, Quinn is outraged and draws up a pre-nup of her own, which causes friction between the sexes.
- “Nannies” - When Lily and Marshall have trouble finding a nanny, they learn it's because of an elaborate scheme Barney came up with to meet girls. Meanwhile, Robin and Ted butt heads over who has a more serious relationship.
- “Who Wants to Be a Godparent?” - When Lily and Marshall can't decide on godparents for Marvin, they put the gang to the test to see who would make the best one.
- “The Autumn of Break-Ups” - As the season of break-ups continues, Ted and Victoria must choose the next step in their long and complicated relationship. Meanwhile, Robin worries about Barney when he chooses a dog to be his wingman.
- “Splitsville” - When Robin is hesitant to break up with Nick, Barney takes matters into his own hands. Meanwhile, Lily and Marshall are desperate for some private time.
- “The Stamp Tramp” - Marshall recommends his old law school classmate Brad for a job at his firm, but the interview goes awry, leaving Marshall to do damage control with his boss. Meanwhile, Robin helps negotiate Barney's return to the strip club circuit.
- “Twelve Horny Women” - Marshall takes on his old friend/new nemesis Brad in the biggest case of his career. Meanwhile, the gang reminisces about their own run-ins with the law, leading to a debate over who was the biggest delinquent as a teenager.
- “Lobster Crawl” - Robin is determined to get Barney back no matter what it takes. Meanwhile, Ted fills in as Marvin’s nanny, leading Marshall and Lily to realize that Ted is using baby Marvin to replace his other baby…the GNB building.
- “The Over-Correction” - Robin becomes increasingly suspicious of Barney's relationship with Patrice. Meanwhile, Marshall discovers his mother is moving on in her romantic life....
- “The Final Page - Part 1” - With Christmas fast approaching, Barney tells Ted that he plans on proposing to Patrice, which leads Ted to debate whether or not to tell Robin. Meanwhile, Marshall and Lily run into an acquaintance from college.
- “The Final Page - Part 2” - Conclusion. Christmas approaches and Ted wrestles with whether to tell Robin about Barney's intentions involving Patrice, while Marshall and Lily get an early Yule gift, a night away from Marvin, but a case of separation anxiety strikes and threatens to ruin the evening.
- “Band or DJ?” - When Robin learns that Barney never asked her father’s permission before proposing, she insists that he seek his approval before announcing their engagement. Meanwhile, Ted keeps his feelings concealed by throwing himself into planning their wedding.
- “Ring Up!” - Barney begs Ted to continue seeing his much younger, much wilder girlfriend, even though Ted has nothing in common with her. Meanwhile, Robin must adjust to the power of the bling.
- “P.S. I Love You” - Barney uncovers the lost episode of Robin’s “Underneath the Tunes” as Robin Sparkles. Meanwhile, Marshall and Lily are concerned that Ted’s new girlfriend is a stalker.
- “Bad Crazy” - Ted is reluctant to break up with his crazy girlfriend Jeanette. Meanwhile, Robin becomes attached to Marvin after finally holding him for the first time.
- “The Ashtray” - When Ted receives an unexpected call from The Captain, the gang reminisced about their last awkward encounter with him.
- “Weekend at Barney’s” - Barney uses the infamous, and thought to have been destroyed, playbook to help Ted find a new girl. Meanwhile Marshall gets some unintentional attention at Lily's gallery opening.
- “The Fortress” - After Robin asks Barney to sell his bachelor pad so they can build a home together, Barney is reluctant and drives away potential buyers. Meanwhile, Lily's commitment to her job as The Captain's art consultant strains her relationship with Marshall.
- “The Time Travelers” - Future versions of Ted and Barney try to convince Ted to go see Robots Versus Wrestlers. Meanwhile, Marshall challenges Robin to a dance-off.
- “Romeward Bound” - When The Captain asks Lily to move to Rome for a year to be his art consultant, she fears that Marshall will resent her. Meanwhile, Ted and Barney become obsessed with a girl who is hiding her amazing body under a puffy coat.
- “The Bro Mitzvah” - The gang works together to plan a legendary bachelor party for Barney.
- “Something Old” - Robin is desperate to find her "something old" she buried in Central Park years earlier for the wedding. Meanwhile, Marshall and Lily ask for Ted's help packing for Italy, and Barney bonds with Robin, Sr.
- “Something New” - As the gang prepares to head out to Robin and Barney's wedding, Ted invites Lily to see the house he's finally finished fixing up. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney's night of relaxation is ruined by an obnoxious couple, and Marshall takes the baby on a last-minute trip to Minnesota to see his family.
- Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby
- Jason Segel as Marshall Eriksen
- Cobie Smulders as Robin Scherbatsky
- Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson
- Alyson Hannigan as Lily Aldrin
- Bob Saget as future Ted Mosby (voice only)
- Michael Trucco as Nick Podarutti
- Ashley Williams as Victoria
- Ellen D. Williams as Patrice
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Ted's future daughter
- David Henrie as Ted's future son
- Chris Elliott as Mickey Aldrin
- Becki Newton as Quinn
- Abby Elliott as Jeanette Peterson
- Kyle Maclachlan as The Captain
- Thomas Lennon as Klaus
- Joe Manganiello as Brad Morris
- Ray Wise as Robin Scherbatsky, Sr.
- Suzie Plakson as Judy Eriksen
- Deleted Scenes
- Commentary on "Farhampton"
- The Making of "P.S. I Love You"
- "P.S. I Love You" Music Video
- Commentary on "The Final Page"
- Where We Make Your Mother: Set Tour with Actor Josh Radnor
- Gag Reel
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.